Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I also understand that KBV is in with the young (often hipster or its newer variant crowd) pipers since Instagram is the preferred method of communication thereby sidelining the less hip crowd. Too bad there isn't a middle ground to where all can be part of the cool kids...
I couldn’t care less about “cool,” but I catch your drift. I’m not making an IG account, so I guess I might eventually luck into a future “big drop.“

Jan 27, 2020
Well Sakura is available again. I’m finally working again so I decided to try a bag. Not into his comic book/video game references, first year art school graphic design skills, etc., but look forward to trying this. The free shipping on small orders certainly helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chasing Embers

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I ordered some Sakura and River of Deceit last night. I enjoyed the few blends I previously ordered. Looking forward to trying these two.

Reactions: Pipelady20
Jan 27, 2020
Curious what you guys will think of Sakura.
Could have come in a Sutliff can and I’d believe it.
Yeah I bought two packs. Smoked one pipe and sold it all. Same with the Byronic Slices but I’d say those were even worse.

Oye vye! $14 is an inexpensive lesson at least...

Jan 27, 2020
Everybody has different tastes but I did not enjoy its play-doh character.

Yes well, as much as you read about other people’s preferences their is no way to know if You like something unless you try. According to the forum I should love HH dark fired but actually feel the opposite about it.

Reactions: BROBS and Bowie

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Ok so I haven’t gotten very in-depth with research/discovery pertaining to KBV blends.
Does he make big batches of blends by using bulk leaf and/or blending components, or does he primarily use pre-tinned blends to make his concoctions?

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Ok so I haven’t gotten very in-depth with research/discovery pertaining to KBV blends.
Does he make big batches of blends by using bulk leaf and/or blending components, or does he primarily use pre-tinned blends to make his concoctions?
I think originally he used a lot of Germain leaf, but now uses a lot of Sutliff products I believe. However may be D&R and other tobaccos involved.

• Wow
Reactions: SpookedPiper