PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I have had a chance to smoke 2 different KBV blends and they are great.

The Sakura is the first Cherry blend that I truly think I could smoke weekly. I like GW Top Black Cherry but the Sakura is just better. You get a hint of cherry with good tobacco backing it up and it provides a slight hint of sweetness that feels natural and not artificial. Overall I would give it 4/4 following the scoring of TR's site.

Verge Engine Overdrive is a solid VaPer. I have been smoking Balkan's for the past 6 months or so and VEO has made me want to revisit VPers. It may not have the strong Perique that many who like this blend type might look for but it is more than satisfying, tasty, and has a great overall mouthfeel; and, the Virginia's come through as slightly sweet. No bite. 3.8/4.

I look forward to more of his creations.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
He is doing some pretty great stuff. Totally agree on VEO, sakura is nice, sweet muffin and burley morning pipe are GREAT aros, and Dark fired cherry isnt bad either, jupiter slices is also magnificent. I liked spaghetti western 2 as well.
spaghetti western and Sakura are both on my list to try next time his stuff is available!

Reactions: aquadoc

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019

The Sakura is the first Cherry blend that I truly think I could smoke weekly. I like GW Top Black Cherry but the Sakura is just better. You get a hint of cherry with good tobacco backing it up and it provides a slight hint of sweetness that feels natural and not artificial. Overall I would give it 4/4 following the scoring of TR's site.

Verge Engine Overdrive is a solid VaPer. I have been smoking Balkan's for the past 6 months or so and VEO has made me want to revisit VPers. It may not have the strong Perique that many who like this blend type might look for but it is more than satisfying, tasty, and has a great overall mouthfeel; and, the Virginia's come through as slightly sweet. No bite. 3.8/4.

I 100% agree, KBV is the brand I’m supporting the most. I have not been disappointed with anything that I’ve tried of his and have two more blends inbound: Jupiter Slices and River of Deceit.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
His blends seem to be somewhat pop-up blends, get them while you can. It's a different approach, but he's taken Forums by storm. Why he's ... Byronic!

I'll have to suspend my high scores for meeting supply and demand and wide and dependable distribution.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
His blends seem to be somewhat pop-up blends, get them while you can. It's a different approach, but he's taken Forums by storm. Why he's ... Byronic!

I'll have to suspend my high scores for meeting supply and demand and wide and dependable distribution.
Yeah I’ve been checking his website the past couple weeks to see when he puts more up. Pipe smoking is seriously teaching me patience!

Reactions: BlueMaxx

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Since he doesn't tin his blends, just packages in heavy mylar bags with jar labels, it's better to think of his blends as small batch shop mixtures. But as if everyone in the country was trying to buy up your favorite B&Ms house blends. Microbreweries like to hype the release date of a new beer and hope that customers will gather to stand in line. A same day sell-out is a badge of honor. It seems like KB has adopted a similar business model for his pipe tobacco, even down to the blend names and label artwork. It's kinda cool that someone is churning out micro-batches prolifically just before deeming regulations kick in. If he were to do large tinned runs he'd have to discontinue everything on that impending dreadful day anyway.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Yeah I’ve been checking his website the past couple weeks to see when he puts more up. Pipe smoking is seriously teaching me patience!
Sign up for Instagram and then follow his account. He posts a day or so before new products go up. If you’ve never done it before, Instagram will notify you when he posts (FYI).

• Wow
Reactions: radrick96
Jan 27, 2020
I see that he started carrying McChrystal snuff for international delivery only, don’t really see the sense of trying to sell snuff back to Europe, likely.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA

SEND ME ALL YOUR TBC

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I've generally liked everything I've tried from KBV, although some are better than others. VEO, Sakura, Mycroft, and Burley Morning Pipe are all winners in my book. The jury is still out on Pork Chops and Applesauce and Byronic Slices. Pork chops has a topping that reminds me of Blue Raspberry candy for some reason, so it's kind of an "in the mood" smoke. Byronic is excellent tobacco but perhaps with a bit too much acetic acid. I thought the second half of the bowl was much better than the first, once the sour flavor died down a bit and didn't totally dominate.

Jan 27, 2020
I saw on IG last night that Mycroft was again available. Went on the website and added one to my cart but kept on thinking about the stupid tin artwork and how I was likely just ordering due to the skewed supply and demand, I was a bit drunk too which was probably part of the reason I considered placing an order in the first place and was rather surprised the next day that I was able to to stop myself in such a state.

Reactions: canucklehead

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I saw on IG last night that Mycroft was again available. Went on the website and added one to my cart but kept on thinking about the stupid tin artwork and how I was likely just ordering due to the skewed supply and demand, I was a bit drunk too which was probably part of the reason I considered placing an order in the first place and was rather surprised the next day that I was able to to stop myself in such a state.
That one is actually pretty good. ?

Reactions: puff_not_snuff