Jim's Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2020) Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I love how in his review he doesn't mention anything about the merits or demerits of the blend.

WIth great bias emotion he rants about how someone should not review a tobacco that they have invested bias and emotion in. Go figure.
I thought of creating a business that rates reviewers under a strict criteria. So their reviews can be rated by value not just stars. For instance we'd look at babydiver (that's his new name) and note the lack of actual review and focusing speculation on someone not really germain to the quality of the blend. I think it could be profitable somehow as it would be a super useful service. I was inspired by this one star review I saw of a restaurant. The guy said the service was great and the food was really good but he got dumped when he took his girl there so they got a one star review. Like dude you are review the quality of the place not what happened to you there.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Agree. But that site should also not be a forum for someone to vent their jealousy or dislike of someone else. No way to defend against accusations and abusive comments.

In an ideal world, I totally agree. In the real world, I'm happy the gentleman still maintains the site and doesn't charge us to use it. If they fail to filter out a troll here and there, I can live with that. I tolerate BROBS here, no big deal. :)

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Perhaps even more sad than the guy himself is the fact that he is giving deliberately low ratings to blends he admittedly has not tried. Whoever runs TR should probably address the situation and the sooner the better.
I admittedly, without trying the blend either, wrote an opposite review to counter his review and call him out for his bullshit post. Not that it works that way. But still, that site needs an active administrator. There are reviews of 1 for blends simply because someone did not like the tin art or whether it came in a baggie or ... fill in the blank for lame reasons.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
In an ideal world, I totally agree. In the real world, I'm happy the gentleman still maintains the site and doesn't charge us to use it. If they fail to filter out a troll here and there, I can live with that. I tolerate BROBS here, no big deal. :)
he's really not that bad. Even for someone that gets passionate and worked up about the stuff they believe. I mean Gosh Darn it some people will never let that stuff drop and go on and on about it. Heck some people can't even remotely stay on topic. I mean compare him to that jerk that tried to dominate a thread about canine care with how much he hated Obama. Now that guy makes anyone still here look great. Seriously a I have a serious question about an issue my dog is having anyone got advice? There is a guy I don't like and he owns a dog and that's now what everyone has to talk about. You know in other words it's not that much to tolerate the guy compared to most of the internet. But you already know that. I just have to find an excuse to make fun of that other guy and prompt more troll stories.

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
Ten year old fermented fruity stoved red Virginia. Seventeen year old exceptionally fruity fermented perique. If you like perique at all, you may want to rethink it.
I’ve tried several va/per’s, and ironically, the only one I like is Sutliff’s Crumble Kake Va. Perique, which I’m sure this 2020 Cringle flake will be an aged version of, which I’m sure I’ll like, but it would be nice if the “holiday/Christmas” flake every year would be a straight red Virginia.

Reactions: bent1 and JimInks
Status
Not open for further replies.