Jim's Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2020) Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I’ve tried several va/per’s, and ironically, the only one I like is Sutliff’s Crumble Kake Va. Perique, which I’m sure this 2020 Cringle flake will be an aged version of, which I’m sure I’ll like, but it would be nice if the “holiday/Christmas” flake every year would be a straight red Virginia.

No, the two are not the same. Different red Virginias and perique were used in this Cringle Flake. The earlier version did not have the aged reds either. Or at least not to this extent.

Reactions: Papamique and BROBS

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
No, the two are not the same. Different red Virginias and perique were used in this Cringle Flake. The earlier version did not have the aged reds either. Or at least not to this extent.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’s going to very impressive, and I will get a few. All I’m saying is, I’d like someone to do a tangy, deep, fruity, red Virginia every Christmas like McClellands did, and like Sutliff did last year. When Sutliff did the straight red Virginia Cringle Flake last year, and upon trying it, loved it!, was hoping they’d carry on that tradition every year with a quality straight red Virginia like McClellands did. That’s all I’m saying.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure it’s going to very impressive, and I will get a few. All I’m saying is, I’d like someone to do a tangy, deep, fruity, red Virginia every Christmas like McClellands did, and like Sutliff did last year. When Sutliff did the straight red Virginia Cringle Flake last year, and upon trying it, loved it!, was hoping they’d carry on that tradition every year with a quality straight red Virginia like McClellands did. That’s all I’m saying.
Hopefully next year!

Reactions: Prunetucky84

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I'M NOT A VAPER KINDA OF GUY, BUT I'M ORDERING 1,000 TINS
iu

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
Well, I broke down and ordered two more tins. Here’s why.... first off they are only 1.5 oz instead of two. Second, how often are blends with 10+ year aged components made? Not too often. I figure if I don’t like it, I can always sell it at cost.
So, with three tins, it won’t be quite as special as if I only had one tin BUT it will still be good. Besides, $40-50 is nothing when comparing to other tobacco products like cigars or such.

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Well, I broke down and ordered two more tins. Here’s why.... first off they are only 1.5 oz instead of two. Second, how often are blends with 10+ year aged components made? Not too often. I figure if I don’t like it, I can always sell it at cost.
So, with three tins, it won’t be quite as special as if I only had one tin BUT it will still be good. Besides, $40-50 is nothing when comparing to other tobacco products like cigars or such.
That was my logic in purchasing 5.

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
I was just told the babrydriver's "reviews" were removed. I checked the site, and they are gone.
It looks like this babydriver goofball is back, he again loaded his one star review. can we get the admins to remove him permanently?

Reactions: JimInks

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
It looks like this babydriver goofball is back, he again loaded his one star review. can we get the admins to remove him permanently?
You can kill his login, but he'll just get another one with a different email. You can ban his IP, but they change with some regularity. Internet trolls are a perpetual game of whack-a-mole.

Reactions: Val

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I reported it, thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully they remove his latest post and his account. I really don’t understand this guys angle.
Some people just aren't happy unless they put down some body else. I know all the theories about why there are people like that, but however many of those theories are accurate, it seems such a waste of time to act that way. I prefer to support people and project positivity. It's a much happier way to live, and if ever we needed that positive support, we need it now more than ever.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Some people just aren't happy unless they put down some body else. I know all the theories about why there are people like that, but however many of those theories are accurate, it seems such a waste of time to act that way. I prefer to support people and project positivity. It's a much happier way to live, and if ever we needed that positive support, we need it now more than ever.
I agree with you Jim, but some folks could also use a kick in the fanny for being a pain in da caboose.?☕

Status
Not open for further replies.