Jim's Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2020) Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Absolutely ! I thought CRF was particularly bad.

interesting about the red VA.. that would have a big play in liking something definitely. I seem to be the opposite and red VA doesn’t bite me but burley can. Must be a chemistry thing.
I didn't think CRF was bad, but it's definitely underwhelming. That's why I was so surprised when I tried the Crumble Kake, I liked it much more.

Reactions: BROBS

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Cringle Flake sounds like a great smoke.
SR is a good red Virginia. It’s not McClelland, not a mature red, but it’s perfectly fine on its own merit. 515 was developed as a 5100 blending replacement that can be smoked on its own, with a bit of that matured tang that SR lacks.
CRF is a pretty good matured red, but not at the level of McClelland Reds. No one is going to replicate what Mike McNeil did with processing Virginia’s.
As for Crybaby Driver, he’s just put out because his greatness isn’t appreciated enough for him to get advance samples to try. He’d be a legend in his mind if he had one.
It must be hell on earth to be him.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Perhaps even more sad than the guy himself is the fact that he is giving deliberately low ratings to blends he admittedly has not tried. Whomever runs TR should probably address the situation and the sooner the better.
TR's contact info on their site goes to a dead address, so nobody will read any e-mails sent there. Kretek owns the site, so you'd have to go directly to them, I imagine.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wow you can't please some people. Though maybe cut the guy some slack his diaper is clearly not been changed in a while which can cause serious chaffing and discomfort. That said my favorite part is bitching about Jim reviewing a blend he's had a part in. Which does seem like something he should disclose like he has. And any somewhat intelligent person can make up their own mind if his taste match theirs enough for that to be good, bad, or whatever. Jim any really bad artists ever try to get one of your jobs and vow some type of ineffectual revenge? Think about it he's like one of those early Batman villians that nobodies heard about like the Stamp collector (not really, but I also wouldn't be shocked to find out there was a bad guy named that back then). You know one of those bitter morons that can't take that important step of looking in the mirror. You know like dude Jim isn't the reason no one cares about you like that, even if he never existed no one would care about your opinions.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
TR's contact info on their site goes to a dead address, so nobody will read any e-mails sent there. Kretek owns the site, so you'd have to go directly to them, I imagine.

If someone can't read the reviews and filter an obvious troll all on their own, the reviews are probably wasted on them anyway. Let's see, I'm somehow going to give this troll's review the same weight as Jim's. LOL

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
If someone can't read the reviews and filter an obvious troll all on their own, the reviews are probably wasted on them anyway. Let's see, I'm somehow going to give this troll's review the same weight as Jim's. LOL
Agree. But that site should also not be a forum for someone to vent their jealousy or dislike of someone else. No way to defend against accusations and abusive comments.

Unfortunately Kretek doesn’t seem to care about the site. They’re doing nothing to maintain it.
A flurry of emails to them might wake them up.

Then they must have mods.. I have added tobaccos, modified incorrect info, and have received feedback from someone. There was one of my favorites listed as a ribbon that is actually a course cut that I changed and I almost immediately got a rejection stating it was indeed a ribbon.

Maybe babydriver is a mod? rotf :col:

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
Some people have nothing better to due during the quarantine..but I have full confidence that the WWC simply va/or will be AMAZING! Also going to have to pick up several tins of the cringle just to compare to last year's that I haven't had the chance to try yet!?

Thanks for the reviews, they are appreciated!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Then they must have mods.. I have added tobaccos, modified incorrect info, and have received feedback from someone. There was one of my favorites listed as a ribbon that is actually a course cut that I changed and I almost immediately got a rejection stating it was indeed a ribbon.

Maybe babydriver is a mod? rotf :col:
Mods, to the limited extent that there are any, do not have the authority to remove a post.

Reactions: BROBS

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.