Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
$421 seems good for this pipe, but then again, it's the first Patent I've seen in this shape, or with a stem this long that wasn't on a bent pipe. Is the stem original? I think so, as it's not any more odd than the stummel, and they look good together, like the ancestor of a Scottie Piersel.

1911 Peterson Patent

s-l1600.jpg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Not an eBay auction, but one I was dead set on, especially after that carved Māori pipe I picked up last year. I had a max bid which was well over what it sold for, but alas, my proxy who was registered for the auction forgot to place it 🤦😢🤷🏽😱

What was also interesting for me with this one, was that it was originally a delacour bros pipe. I have a side collection of these. I can’t make out from the pics of its 1909 or 1926 hallmarks

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Not an eBay auction, but one I was dead set on, especially after that carved Māori pipe I picked up last year. I had a max bid which was well over what it sold for, but alas, my proxy who was registered for the auction forgot to place it 🤦😢🤷🏽😱

What was also interesting for me with this one, was that it was originally a delacour bros pipe. I have a side collection of these. I can’t make out from the pics of its 1909 or 1926 hallmarks

Dude that sucks! Is a proxy like an official person at the site or just some guy with an account? If it's the latter let me take care of it for you next time or at least be a second proxy.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Dude that sucks! Is a proxy like an official person at the site or just some guy with an account? If it's the latter let me take care of it for you next time or at least be a second proxy.
It was a guy I know who was registered and bidding on some other auctions there. I might take you up on that offer bro, as it’s a pain to organise stuff from down under

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I believe the '2000' refers to viscosity. The stuff I have is 500. Here's some that is rubber-toughened 500: Lord of Bass 500 CA glue

It is a little cheaper on ebay (I just ordered some): 2oz Black Flex Medium CA Glue Bottle 500 CPS | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/274754348253
I just finished a stem repair with this product. Very similar to the other black CA glue I've been using, but dries faster. The other stuff is pure black, while this stuff is a watery black, but is completely black when it dries. So I give a thumbs-up to the rubber-toughened product.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
The discussion came up in this thread, so I gave an update here, but thanks for saving the moderators extra work.
Yeah but the discussion seems to have run on. I enjoy peeking in on this thread to see English eBay pipe finds. The posts with the cyanoacrylate glues are great, and I reckon more appropriate to the repair sub forum. Which is what it was made for.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Can we get more pics of this beaut?

That would involve implied references to my repair work, which the tenured members have already slapped my wrists for.

I don't really get the passive-aggressiveness in this thread (or the entire forum) by the 'lifers', but it seems to work for the forum as a whole. It doesn't work for me. Bye.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I thought you were one of the members discussing the glue, and I posted an update primarily for the moderator who had been discussing it, but if it wasn't you, my apologies.
Your techniques and input are valued here by forum members. We were simply courteously requesting that you post that type of content in the subforum that was created to accommodate it. I wish you wouldn't misinterpret this as a personal attack.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I thought you were one of the members discussing the glue, and I posted an update primarily for the moderator who had been discussing it, but if it wasn't you, my apologies.
It definitely was, I should have reminded myself to stay on track. But not tragic. It's a pipe forum, mistakes happen.