PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
It varies quite a bit for me. Today I had one while mowing but yesterday I had 4. Some days I won't have any at all and I've had probably up to 10ish In one day. I find that the ol' kitty licker gets a little tired if I do more than 2 or 3 in a row without a rest of a couple of hours in between. I seem to get more enjoyment and flavor out of the first one or two pipes of the day. After 3 or 4 the flavors seem to get pretty muted and similar blends are harder to differentiate between for me. As far as pipes go I have probably 20 or 25 pipes so I always grab a fresh one unless it's inconvenient to do so.

Reactions: OzPiper

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
I'd say on average around 1-3 bowls a day depending on how much free time I have.
If I'm travelling, which I often do for work, then I'd say up to 5 bowls a day as I love smoking outside (in solitude).puffy

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
2-5 a day depending on my schedule. Today I smoked 5 bowls because I never left my apartment, when working it is usually 1 when I get home and 1 before I go to sleep, sometimes a pipe in the morning before work.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One bowl a day, or none, or two or three when I'm living large. I go for stretches with none, when time is short or there is a health issue.

Reactions: Sgetz and OzPiper

niblicck

Can't Leave
Oct 7, 2020
Alabama
Monday thru Friday its 3 to 4 bowls. Saturday and Sunday are about the same but today I'm on my 7th and I think one more is possible before bedtime. Eight bowls in one day has to be a record for me.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Several bowls a day depending.
I'm not a clencher so I need both hands to smoke.

When I'm asked to do a days work or am busy I smoke less.
Lazy days behind my laptop I smoke more.

Before I found pipe smokers forums I really didn't have much of a clue and smoked the same pipe day in day out for several years.
A Peterson Sherlock Holmes which has a huge bowl.

Because tobacco is real expensive here [now around $125 for 50g] I was in the habit of 'topping up' my bowl until the baccy on the bottom, which acted like a filter, needed clearing out.

Remarkably, the Peterson stood up to the abuse and never turned sour.

Once I found computers, the internet and the pipe smoking community, puffing on a pipe became much more enjoyable.

Now I've got over forty pipes in my rotation. All good smokers [got no time for temperamental pipes]
Were I to start from scratch building a rotation today, I'd buy myself several MM cobs with the hardwood bit at the bottom of the bowl and maybe a few briars.

The fact is that an MM cob smokes just as good as an expensive briar. Price and name is no guarantee.

Charlie718

Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I’ll smoke 2-3 bowls a day and more in the weekend with an occasional cigar and to many cigs lol. I agree with the before mentioned that MM Cobs are a great way to expand your collection cheap and still get great smokes 462E830F-9733-48ED-A119-7E84C07656FA.jpeg

Reactions: Carol and OzPiper

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
I generally smoke 2-3 bowls a day during the week, and double that in weekends/random days off. Sometimes less, not often more (but it does happen). I have a pair of cobs (one for aros and one for burley/va/or) in the car that I'll smoke out of all week then clean the [bad word] out of Saturday mornings. But if it weren't for the job and kids and responsibilities I'd have a pipe in my jaw most of my waking hours.

I'll rotate pipes. I have enough that I have a smaller, standard, and larger bowl for each type of blend. So I'll not usually smoke the same pipe twice in a day (except for my car cobs or if I'm traveling).

If you're looking to add another pipe or two, Missouri Meerschaum is a great way to do it. Not many people may agree with me, but a basket pipe can also be a good smoking pipe for not a big outlay.

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
5 or 6 a day; usually 3 or 4 different pipes. First smoke is usually during my morning walk when I sit on a convenient bench with a tree as a backrest and I'll smoke two bowls whilst reading. For this usually one of my large Petes. Tobacco will vary daily but this morning it was Haddo's Delight (yesterday it was Presbyterian). Then a couple of bowls whilst I walk home (sometimes via the supermarket) of an English or Balkan (today: Abingdon) in a much abused Peterson Atlantic 69 which is my lunting pipe.

In the arvo it will be one or two my smaller pipes with whatever I fancy at the time (may be the same tobacco as the morning but often isn't; probably going to be a Black Frigate day today).

All my smoking is outdoors so if it's raining I'll only smoke if I can find some shelter - fortunately the university building opposite my apartment has a very large concrete awning along it's entire frontage :sher: and Mrs Aardvark will watch from the apartment (to make sure I don't get accosted by some bad person she says; I think it's more so I don't chat with any of the female students...).

Reactions: Carol and OzPiper

Mr Maiz

Lurker
May 15, 2021
Texas
Used to be cigar a day. Started the pipe just over a week ago, doing about 2 bowls a day. Cigar here and there.