PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very moderate, a bowl a day, with binges of two or three from time to time. Because I have many pipes, by my account about 94, I always use a different pipe and keep them all in rotation to the degree possible. Many old time smokers, like my dad, smoked only one pipe until it burned out, all day from breakfast to bedtime, always Granger from a pouch. Pipes will take a lot of abuse, but having at least a few pipes, and rotating them and resting between days of smoking is a good idea. But you can smoke a pipe a lot without doing it any harm. Incidentally, I would guess my dad's pipes usually lasted about a year and a half or two, though as a child my sense of time was elongated, as is true for most children. A year took forever.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
A bowl a day. Maybe two on some days. If you rest it 24 hrs between smoke, that should be fine. Make sure to clean the pipe after each smoke. Having said that, there are those who smoke same pipe bowl after bowl all day long, and some who rarely clean their pipes. Personally,. cleanliness is next to godliness.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
Good evening guys! As a newbie I'm very enthusiastic about smoking and I try to smoke a bowl or two a day. I'm kind of anxious if I mistreat my pipe but I try to rest it as much as I can and I'm thinking of buying a second one in the near future. So my question is how much do you smoke? Do you smoke two different pipes a day?
I am a beginner as well at 1 1/2 months... I smoke 1-2 bowls a day in my Rossi Lucca 8611EX Dublin and then 3-4 bowls in my West 5th Ave Meerchaum Corn Cob pipe.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Anywhere from 1 to 5 bowls a day, but usually 2-3.

I'd recommend getting at least one more pipe, to allow your briar to rest. MM Cobs are a great, and economical, solution to this problem.

However, with 1-2 bowls a day, as long as you let the briar cool in between and give it a good cleaning, you need not be anxious about damaging your pipe, but it may go sour eventually if you aren't keeping up on the cleaning.

Reactions: username and redz

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
I smoke between 1&4 bowls a day depending on what’s going on. If I’m at home then it’ll probably be in 4 different pipes. If I’m out then maybe in one only, or two. As long as I wipe out the bowl and stick a pipe cleaner down it once I’m done, it seems to do the job. Then can clean them more thoroughly once in a while.

Reactions: edger and redz