PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
As is all the non processed , organically grown food etc, etc. Bottom line, if someone wants to overdoes on Twinkies and lard that's on them
Its not as easy as you think, I tried all the hard stuff, Twinkies, Ding Dongs, all the different wax covered Little Debbie "things", pie, cake ... tried for years and years and never could OD on them. Now it's hard to do living the KETO life, from one extreme to the other, i think this one doesn't taste as good but it's just a wee bit healthier. I still can't figure out how i got fat though.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I imagine they really just want to ensure they get their sweet, sweet tax money (50% on cigars, 70% on tobacco). Make friends with a local B&M, convince them to procure your favorite blends, pay your due and don't go crazy about it.

They probably saw that box pass thread and were like, HELL NO.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
What kind of draconian shit is this. So does this affect someone like myself sending a member of the forum tobacco? Im sure this is ment for the online retailers. I for one will be more than happy to help my brothers out in Hawaii. PM me and you can send your order to me. I'll repackage it and send it out. Screw these politicians.

I might have to take you up on this offer, very considerate of you. ❤️

I do have a kid in the mainland, I sent a text message to today, the response was, this isn’t illegal is it, I was like, no it’s not illegal for someone to mail someone else tobacco. LOL 😆

I tell ya boys and girls, this is the first time in my life, I don’t feel very free. I truly feel like I’ve been stripped slightly of my freedom and my choices as an adult.

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
I imagine they really just want to ensure they get their sweet, sweet tax money (50% on cigars, 70% on tobacco). Make friends with a local B&M, convince them to procure your favorite blends, pay your due and don't go crazy about it.

They probably saw that box pass thread and were like, HELL NO.
This is good advice, and I like your calm acceptance of it. It's basically either find a way to live with it or move. Those are pretty much the only options anyway, easier to just accept it.

Of course, if I lived in New Jersey... I would move. I enjoy pretty much all of the things that state restricts even when most others don't.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA

I do have a kid in the mainland, I sent a text message to today, the response was, this isn’t illegal is it, I was like, no it’s not illegal for someone to mail someone else tobacco. LOL 😆

I tell ya boys and girls, this is the first time in my life, I don’t feel very free. I truly feel like I’ve been stripped slightly of my freedom and my choices as an adult.
You might want to double check that, I am not qualified to provide legal advice, but while I remember the USPS allows shipping of certain types of tobacco only, some states (like WA) still prohibit it. It may be one of those things where no one will probably notice, but if they do you might be screwed.

I noticed there are no C&D retailers in HI, any idea how many blends you smoke that this will strip you the freedom to legally aquire without a work-around? That is the saddest part about this kind of thing, in a "free country".

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
This is good advice, and I like your calm acceptance of it. It's basically either find a way to live with it or move. Those are pretty much the only options anyway, easier to just accept it.

Of course, if I lived in New Jersey... I would move. I enjoy pretty much all of the things that state restricts even when most others don't.
I have no idea what's restricted here. I've lived here my entire life and have never been restricted in any of my activities. It's an odd comment to a life long NJ resident.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
You might want to double check that, I am not qualified to provide legal advice, but while I remember the USPS allows shipping of certain types of tobacco only, some states (like WA) still prohibit it. It may be one of those things where no one will probably notice, but if they do you might be screwed.

I noticed there are no C&D retailers in HI, any idea how many blends you smoke that this will strip you the freedom to legally aquire without a work-around? That is the saddest part about this kind of thing, in a "free country".

SPC told me they will not be shipping to Hawaii as of July 1st.

I have family in the mainland, but I’d rather not bother them, but if I have to, I guess I’ll be asking them to ship me.

It’s also great to know I can look for blends here.

Reactions: DeerparkDays

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
I have no idea what's restricted here. I've lived here my entire life and have never been restricted in any of my activities. It's an odd comment to a life long NJ resident.
The state of NJ has a lot of shipping restrictions listed on many sites I shop at, for different things. I'm often saying to myself," Shit I'm glad I don't live in NJ, I wouldn't be able to get this." If you don't partake of any of those hobbies/activities then it probably doesn't matter to you, understandably.

States that make blanket regulations of these kind interfere with the pursuit of happiness in many of their residents, sure not all, maybe not even most, but its wrong to do it to even a few. Nobody is hurting anyone else in Hawaii by merely smoking a wide assortment of pipe tobacco from a variety of companies. What if they can't convince a local cigar shop to become a C&D (or any other) dealer? No more Briar Fox without organizing a smuggling operation involving family and friends... for pipe tobacco? Really? This is fine?

When I lived in Washington I just shipped my pipe tobacco to another property out of state and picked it up on the weekend. Not everyone has that luxury. I will never willingly reside in that state again. Maybe I'm petty.

Hey I have an idea, @Akoni808, just drive to the next state for your tobacco!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Hey I have an idea just drive to the next state for your tobacco!

LOL, excuse me, but are you forgetting where Hawaii is located? 😆

Because he lives here too, and I don’t think we’re going to be driving to any states, unless they build one hell of a super bridge or tunnel... LOL 😆

Reactions: pappymac

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
LOL, excuse me, but are you forgetting where Hawaii is located? 😆

Because he lives here too, and I don’t think we’re going to be driving to any states, unless they build one hell of a super bridge or tunnel... LOL 😆
I still have an 808 phone number my bruddah lol. Check this out, if they start on the tunnel to the mainland now, I bet they finish it faster than the rail!!! You know I'm right! HAHA

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
The way I see it, there will be a regular contingent from Hawai’i at the vegas pipe show…or you guys all chip in and shout me and Mrs @hoosierpipeguy a vacation. He’d probably have more pipe tobacco in his suitcase than a local B&M anyways

I’m thinking we need to print up some stickers to put on tins before shipping:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m thinking we need to print up some stickers to put on tins before shipping:

View attachment 227897

Wow, as silly as that sounds, and I wasn’t sure if you were joking or serious, but for tins, this could work, as long as the tins don’t leak and let out smell.

If someone opens a box and sees various products labeled as such, seriously, I don’t see that anyone would stop and say, oh, this is an illegal product disguised.

People don’t think this way, unless something looked extremely odd, and with professionally created labels off of a computer that stick on, they won’t look suspicious.

Seriously, for members here, living in states not allowing shipping, and members will ship to, this would assume if you could do this, offer a sticker service, sending out to the sender to place on the tins.

Of course, charge for your time, I would gladly pay for this, hopefully paying for a few stickers and postage wouldn’t be to expensive.

I’d rather be safe than sorry, and not take a chance over this sort of government stupidity.

I hope you’ll consider it. :)

P.S. I’m ready to order some Baby Mariah’s Butt! LOL 😆

A5DDD819-DC97-4DB0-849E-C146354050B8.jpeg

Last edited: