PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
What kind of draconian shit is this. So does this affect someone like myself sending a member of the forum tobacco? Im sure this is ment for the online retailers. I for one will be more than happy to help my brothers out in Hawaii. PM me and you can send your order to me. I'll repackage it and send it out. Screw these politicians.

WhiteCrown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 29, 2023
Pac NW, USA
So shipping tobacco is pau? Well aloha does also mean goodbye... I lived in Kaneohe for 8 years, the only reason I wasn't sad to go is stuff like this. I'll actually be there soon for work, what's the best place to buy tobacco in Town these days? Since that's going to be the only way to legally get it, I'll move a few tins to help keep them restocking.

Also, if you have a military kine friend on the island, ask them if they have an FPO address that can be used. FPOs are exempt from individual state laws and taxes when shipping to them.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
The insatiable hunger and compulsion that some humans are born with to have power and control over others has always been and will always be.

Their ability to realize those dreams depends directly on having information about their future "controlees".

For millennia, that meant spies, snitches, rats, turncoats, torture chambers, bribes, secret police forces, and so on. A state of affairs that did not change even theoretically until digital information was invented, and did not change in a practical sense until sufficient bandwidth and processing power was available to sort through and keep track of that digital information.

It's here now, though. Virtually overnight, the absolute wettest of all possible wet dream fantasies of Planet Earth's narcissistic Machiavellian sociopaths has come true. Anyone, anywhere, at any time, and in virtually every way, can be monitored.

The rest, as they say, will soon be history. NOTHING that mattered before matters now. The rules of every game have changed.

The extra-fun part? The hardwired "I must be in charge" creatures cannot be reasoned with in any way, shape, or form. They will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever stop doing everything possible to increase their personal influence and power, and then exercise it simply because they can, both as a demonstration to others like themselves, and to bask in the glory of it every time they look in a mirror.

How does all that have anything to do with Hawaii getting all "control-y" over something as minor as vaping?

Because if you were to dig into how the legislation came about, you'd find one or more of the Control Creatures having decided that's how it wanted to get its rocks off.

And now that the box is checked, that particular creature is off to find some other area of human activity to interfere with and control.

Rinse and repeat, each iteration getting ever more large scale and invasive for the remaining life OF the creature.

Multiply by many millions of them, world wide.

Creatures who are just now realizing the incredible depth and level of detail of information that's been captured and collected---and increases every day---on citizens of every first-world country on Earth.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
I'm sure it has a lot to do with the rising cost of medical care from tobacco-related illnesses, such as lung cancer, heart disease and respiratory ailments, which increases the States' monetary contribution towards Medicaid without a tax offset where tobacco is purchased out of state. While cigarettes are the main culprit, the state legislators in their infinite wisdom apparently do not discern the difference between cigarette smoke which is inhaled and smoke from products such as pipe tobacco and cigars which is normally not inhaled. Just my two cents.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The rest, as they say, will soon be history. NOTHING that mattered before matters now. The rules of every game have changed.
This is what is truly new and different. Someone will inevitably say "there is nothing new under the sun". But that is only true of human nature. Technology is new...at least in this age of the world. If there was a high-tech age in pre-history we can't prove it...but if there was, it led to their demise just as it's leading to ours.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Those medical costs aren't even a blip on the radar compared to obesity and toxicity caused by the FDA approved crap that makes up the typical American diet.

Yup.

Gaining power over others requires having follower-supporters, and the best way to attract them is with emotion-based "arguments" and appeals, not ones that rely on demonstrable/provable fact.

And after 60 years of power seekers beating the "tobacco is the biggest evil visited on Man since the dawn of time" drum, everyone KNOWS it must be true because it FEELS true... because their FRIENDS think it's true, and the billboards and television shows SAY it's true.

While they consume double cheeseburgers, pizza, french fries, soft drinks and so forth by the metric ton while texting on their cellphone while driving home to drink a bottle of wine or six pack of beer every night.

Ask anyone today who grew up with an alcoholic father whether they would have traded it for one who smoked. Or someone who weighs twice as much as they should, has no joints left, must take insulin shots throughout the day, and and has heart disease, if they would trade those things for having smoked a pipe their adult life.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 12.20.46 AM.png

Last edited:

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Have you spent time in Hawaii? The number of fat people is off the charts. I know, I know. I’m fat shaming or it is in their genes. I had a condo there for years and the tourist view of great bodies in bikinis is far from the norm. Don’t tell me smoking is what is hurting the health of Hawaiians. It’s what and how much they eat. These folks love to eat and they sure know how to cook great food but they don’t know how to push back from the table. I do miss the food.I don’t miss the nanny state.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This is what is truly new and different. Someone will inevitably say "there is nothing new under the sun". But that is only true of human nature. Technology is new...at least in this age of the world. If there was a high-tech age in pre-history we can't prove it...but if there was, it led to their demise just as it's leading to ours.
The typical American diet doesn't actually follow the FDA crap. Americans do a great job of being self destructive on their own and don't need any help.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Yup.

Gaining power over others requires having follower-supporters, and the best way to attract them is with emotion-based "arguments" and appeals, not ones that rely on demonstrable/provable fact.

And after 60 years of power seekers beating the "tobacco is the biggest evil visited on Man since the dawn of time" drum, everyone KNOWS it must be true because it FEELS true... because their FRIENDS think it's true, and the billboards and television shows SAY it's true.

While they consume double cheeseburgers, pizza, french fries, soft drinks and so forth by the metric ton while texting on their cellphone while driving home to drink a bottle of wine or six pack of beer every night.

Ask anyone today who grew up with an alcoholic father whether they would have traded it for one who smoked. Or someone who weighs twice as much as they should, has no joints left, must take insulin shots throughout the day, and and has heart disease, if they would trade those things for having smoked a pipe their adult life.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

View attachment 227509
1686756310039.png

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Have you spent time in Hawaii? The number of fat people is off the charts. I know, I know. I’m fat shaming or it is in their genes. I had a condo there for years and the tourist view of great bodies in bikinis is far from the norm. Don’t tell me smoking is what is hurting the health of Hawaiians. It’s what and how much they eat. These folks love to eat and they sure know how to cook great food but they don’t know how to push back from the table. I do miss the food.I don’t miss the nanny state.
Its the macademia nuts ! ;):ROFLMAO:

Serving Size 0.25 Cup (33 g)
Calories 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g 32%
Saturated Fat 4 g 20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 1 mg 0%
Potassium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g 11%
Sugar 1 g
Protein 3 g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

• Haha
Reactions: keith929 and Elric
Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
This is truly mind blowing. Reminds me of a recent thread I read about taxes in Canada and what customs is charging people to receive tobacco (under a pound). Absolutely unreal.
I truly hate it for all involved. I guess the best way to stick it to the man is get good at growing premium leaf and processing it into blends you enjoy.
I would email blenders from some of the bigger B&Ms or blending houses. Explain your situation and ask for guidance on making your own blends (not their recipes, just guidance).

Also check out the Whole Leaf blending forum and Ernie Q's advice on the other forum.

Hope your able to stock up more than enough and continue with the hobby. Best of luck and godspeed.

Reactions: Elric