PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
I love looking at high end pipes, even if I don't have one. And I don't see any problems with supporting buying high end pipes. If you are putting away money in a hobby you might as well try to get as close to perfect as you can, and pipes are really not much different than other types of art.

aspiring_sage

Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
Ok, well here we go.

Tom Eltang smooth Arne Jacobsen. Tiny pipe, but I like it fine, as long as Ashdigger doesn't saddle up beside me and make me feel all weird and confused.

It has nice birdseye, but the lighting from my terrace is all wrong in the moment. Otherwise the background is just a lemon tree, and that's not as much fun.

That's the island of Capri, mount Vesuvius in the distance. For anyone offended, it still is active, and maybe it could blow and send a jerk like me to another dimension.

In the distance is some A-hole with too much money to spend who just left port in their $40 million yacht, named Altair. Jesus... help me. I'm going to puke if I see ONE more yacht I can't afford. The nerve of some people.

Editors note: I secretly wished I was invited for a cocktail and feel shame that I am so lame to be overlooked whilst smoking this pipe, trying to project that I am refined and worthy. NOBODY even looked twice. Maybe size does matter...

Editor's editor note: Like Cosmic says, just about anyone can afford a "high end pipe" (unless you're living on the street under a cardboard box, in which case, you should maybe focus on immediate needs first) with some saving and discipline, if that's your jam. And if you're extra careful with cash, you can also smoke them on pretty islands in nice places. I spent most of my time working in forests, for F sake, and know all too well what a logging camp in the armpit of the boreal forest smells like.

Doctor's note: Stop drinking so many Negroni's and looking at an online forum to see when the next Gawith supply may come in. Relax man, and go eat some solid food. They're famous for it here.

View attachment 146355
You bring up a good point. I have even known some people that lived on the street AND were able to acquire some exotic pipes. (I don’t recommend)

PS: beautiful view!

runscott

Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
You bring up a good point. I have even known some people that lived on the street AND were able to acquire some exotic pipes. (I don’t recommend)

PS: beautiful view!

I once gave a nice meerschaum to a homeless friend who had lost his pipe. He came over to my apartment, looked through my pipes, and picked one out. A few days later I saw him at the dog park smoking the pipe. He says: "Hey Scott, look at this nice pipe someone gave me." He had been in an accident when he was a lot younger, and it affected his memory - I was just glad he remembered who I was.

aspiring_sage

Oct 7, 2021
West of the Twin Cities, MN
I once gave a nice meerschaum to a homeless friend who had lost his pipe. He came over to my apartment, looked through my pipes, and picked one out. A few days later I saw him at the dog park smoking the pipe. He says: "Hey Scott, look at this nice pipe someone gave me." He had been in an accident when he was a lot younger, and it affected his memory - I was just glad he remembered who I was.
That was unexpectedly heartwarming.
Quite a tone change. (Thank you)

runscott

Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
That was unexpectedly heartwarming.
Quite a tone change. (Thank you)

He was a lovable guy. Looked like an Arabic Santa Claus - would sit in the dog park all day just relaxing and smoking his pipe, always wearing a really beat-up fedora. A very gentle giant. Trust me - any of you would offer this guy a pipe if you had been in the same situation. Talked with him for years in the dog park, then one day he wasn't there and I never saw him again.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Ok, well here we go.

Tom Eltang smooth Arne Jacobsen. Tiny pipe, but I like it fine, as long as Ashdigger doesn't saddle up beside me and make me feel all weird and confused.

It has nice birdseye, but the lighting from my terrace is all wrong in the moment. Otherwise the background is just a lemon tree, and that's not as much fun.

That's the island of Capri, mount Vesuvius in the distance. For anyone offended, it still is active, and maybe it could blow and send a jerk like me to another dimension.

In the distance is some A-hole with too much money to spend who just left port in their $40 million yacht, named Altair. Jesus... help me. I'm going to puke if I see ONE more yacht I can't afford. The nerve of some people.

Editors note: I secretly wished I was invited for a cocktail and feel shame that I am so lame to be overlooked whilst smoking this pipe, trying to project that I am refined and worthy. NOBODY even looked twice. Maybe size does matter...

Editor's editor note: Like Cosmic says, just about anyone can afford a "high end pipe" (unless you're living on the street under a cardboard box, in which case, you should maybe focus on immediate needs first) with some saving and discipline, if that's your jam. And if you're extra careful with cash, you can also smoke them on pretty islands in nice places. I spent most of my time working in forests, for F sake, and know all too well what a logging camp in the armpit of the boreal forest smells like.

Doctor's note: Stop drinking so many Negroni's and looking at an online forum to see when the next Gawith supply may come in. Relax man, and go eat some solid food. They're famous for it here.
Absolutely love it ! rotf