PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 8, 2019
Don't know shit from apple butter.

I'll kick your ass up to your shoulders.

Your ass is the blackest.

(The 4 F 's)
Find 'em.
Feel 'em.
F*ck 'em.
Forget 'em.

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
My old man quite often used the following:
-Boy, you’re so lazy, you wouldn’t work in a pie factory.
-I’m busier than a cat covering shit right now.
-You’re so weak, you couldn’t pull the fart out a butter bean.
-You’ve got so many freckles, it looks like someone threw shit at you through a screen door.
-It’s dry as a popcorn fart out here.
-I’m not eating that shit sandwich you’re trying to feed me.
-Get your crony friends the hell out of
here.
-I’m going to break my foot off in your ass if you don’t get your crony friends out of here.
-If you keep that up, I’m going to rip off your head and shit down your throat.

Ahh...Dad was the warm and fuzzy type.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
Here are some very old sayings I heard before but I have wondered what the meanings where?
" A stitch in time saves nine"
"A month of Sundays"
"Never look a gift horse in the mouth"

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Snug as a bug in a rug," "don't let the bed bugs bite," "sleep tight."

Old Navy description of a young sailor on liberty:
He drank a beer; he spilled a beer; and he gave a beer away.

brandaves

Can't Leave
Jan 5, 2020
Kentucky
Great thread!

a variation of, "Does a bear shit in the woods?" that my dad uses often. " Does a zoo bear shit on concrete?"

My grandfather used to recommend chicken shit for chapped lips. When asked why he'd say, "You won't be licking your lips."

"Dumber then a brick bat."

For some military ones...

"Its FAC out here today." FAC= Flat Ass Calm, referring to the sea state.

To a new sailor, "Go down to the DC shop and get the DC punch." When the sailor got there the Damage Controlman would punch them...

To new sailor, "Go get the keys to the sea chest from the Captain." Depending on the CO this one could go on all day. The CO might say, "I gave them to XO." Then the XO would continue by sending them on to someone else.

For a disheveled looking sailor, "You look like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag." Or, " Did you dive on a wrinkle bomb to save the crew?"

I had a salty Senior Chief who always made us do maneuvering boards (a reliable predictor of how ships course and speed will play out over time). Anyway, I remember him yelling anytime he got one that looked too busy, "Two f@#king lines!" That phrase became useful when anyone over thought or over did anything.

Tommy Boy

Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
A simple saying of my mothers "are you sure thats what you want yo do?" Made you question something you were sure of two minutes ago.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
On the mess decks aboard ship (the dining hall) we always loved it when the bridge (from which the ship is directed) came on the intercom and said, "Standby for heavy rolls." Which was an invitation to wave your brown-and-serve from the reefer (refrigerator) in the air.

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Sending a newbie straight out of Basic on a hunt for "_X_ fathoms of shore line."

or a Radarman having a supply chit typed out and sending the boot to fetch "a box of 'Portable Green Radar Pips'."

Not often applicable in these days of Diesel and Turbine main engines, but an oldie was sending them to fetch "a bucket of steam."

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Aboard ship a standard order for a newbie was to go fetch a sky hook, ordered in an abrupt way that brooked no further questions. When I first went aboard, at one point I was ordered to do "bolt tightening day" on our non-magnetic wooden hulled minesweeper. I thought, oh here we go with the hazing. So I took the wrench they handed me and started tightening one of the million or so bolts holding together the hull. I dutifully did this for a while, and pretty soon I noticed some of the old (to me) senior petty officers were also tightening bolts. The lightening bolt reality check hit me. I was not being hazed. We were fastening together the hull so we wouldn't all go to the bottom together. Welcome aboard. I took a much firmer hand with the wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.