PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
What are some of your families weird sayings. A few come to mind like it will put hair on your gizzard, were canoeing now and he's all stoved up (drunk). My favorte one has to be look at you all laying around like squished squirrels.

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Not so much sayings as euphemisms I believe.
Instead of saying "just do it" or something like that when someone is hesitating we shout "Shoot Dana, Shoot!" at each-other with faked german accent.

We have a bunch of silly ones like, a slow day at work is "the district championship of pocket-ping pong".

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
This is a great thread!

When my grandpa would pass gas, he would say, “Whoops! Stepped on a frog!”

My grandmother spoke fluent Spanish, and she would always exclaim “Aye, qué lindo!” (“oh, how beautiful!”) whenever she’d see us, and I remember thinking as a kid that it was all one word haha.

My mom’s most notable saying is probably “Wear your seatbelts!” Haha!

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Describing a politician -Uncle Ed could be heard saying, " he's crooked as a dog's leg."

If I couldn't locate something near at hand-Grandad would say,"if it was a snake it would've bit you."

In my 20's I heard a contractor we were say, "screwin' the pooch" meaning wasting time while the boss was away.

Last edited:

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
This is a great thread!

When my grandpa would pass gas, he would say, “Whoops! Stepped on a frog!”

My grandmother spoke fluent Spanish, and she would always exclaim “Aye, qué lindo!” (“oh, how beautiful!”) whenever she’d see us, and I remember thinking as a kid that it was all one word haha.

My mom’s most notable saying is probably “Wear your seatbelts!” Haha!
My grandpa would also say more fun than a crock of beans. Fart always means funny no matter how you say it. Also said that will put some gravel in you when we got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.