Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Cats are given a bum rap because they aren't dogs. If you talk to a cat-hater you will invariably hear about all the things that a cat won't do that a dog will.

My usual reply is along the lines, "That's because the creature in question is a cat, you idiot!"

I love many animals and would like to have a menagerie and the millions it would take to manage it. But I've chosen cats lifelong just because of their eccentricity and independence. I dog will love you just because, but you have to earn a cat's love. I admire the spirit and like to earn my keep.

I could write about my relationship with my cat, but suffice it to say that she was socially blunted at the start, but that constant positive reinforcement, she has blossomed. If she turns left, good kitty; right, the same. I adore her.

Pet insurance: $5500.00 paid since 2013, $1000.00 claim last month. Payout $200.00. What a scam! Those lowlife pieces of sh*t! My health insurer is just the same. Scum! Very good at collecting premiums and not so good paying claims.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Cats are given a bum rap because they aren't dogs. If you talk to a cat-hater you will invariably hear about all the things that a cat won't do that a dog will.

My usual reply is along the lines, "That's because the creature in question is a cat, you idiot!"

I love many animals and would like to have a menagerie and the millions it would take to manage it. But I've chosen cats lifelong just because of their eccentricity and independence. I dog will love you just because, but you have to earn a cat's love. I admire the spirit and like to earn my keep.

I could write about my relationship with my cat, but suffice it to say that she was socially blunted at the start, but that constant positive reinforcement, she has blossomed. If she turns left, good kitty; right, the same. I adore her.

Pet insurance: $5500.00 paid since 2013, $1000.00 claim last month. Payout $200.00. What a scam! Those lowlife pieces of sh*t! My health insurer is just the same. Scum! Very good at collecting premiums and not so good paying claims.

Let's see a picture of that $5500.00 cat.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I work better with minimal supervision. Show me the job, and go away. Sometimes, in the middle of hanging out, I'll pick up and go with some sudden mission of my own. No wonder cats like me. I act like they do. I think it is interesting how they come and go around the house, appearing on their own schedule. I'm even quiet when there's no one else home. I had a black cat, male, who had shadows that moved in his dilated eyes, mystical. I had a big orange tabby who looked like a cougar, and when I adopted him and needed to take him to the vet, we wrestled for some time to get him in the carrier. He was so good at looping around and escaping. Finally, I just took him over my shoulder, and some big old motorcycle guy saw me with a cougar draped around my neck and gave me a big thumbs up. I later realized that in all the wrestling with the cat, he hadn't exposed his claws or tried to nip. What a guy.

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Here's a cat story for you guys, my 6-year old son recently had dental surgery and when we brought him home he was still loopy from the anesthesia and quite upset. He fell asleep in his room and our cat Cinnamon, who normally avoids him except for when he is eating, was very concerned, sniffed him all over and then sat on his bed and guarded him, watching his door carefully for intruders unwaveringly for almost three hours, not moving until he woke up.

20201124_124435.jpg