PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I have an older album on there (you can look up Kyle Greene: Bass Cadet on there) but my live stuff is at facebook.com/kylegreenemusic --we also have an album out on iTunes, Spotify, etc. as K.G.B. (Kyle Greene Band)

Thanks for askin'!! :)
Cool man, I'll check out it out (except Faceborg, because I don't have an account).

Reactions: Casual and BROBS
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Well I Saw on the news that the automakers are shutting down so it is only a matter of time before my plant will. Not sure how they will arrange it but I am not too worried they always take care of us well. If that don't work I do have six weeks of vacation. When I got off work and being as I live in Illinois (the most crooked state in the US). We jumped in the car drove across the state line and bought my wife her cigarettes a few days early. Legally I can not say how many were bought:rolleyes: but while I was there I did pickup a package off prince albert and some carter hill. as well as a few (6) more handles of bourbon. cause if I am going to be stuck at home I am going to enjoy it

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
This just about sums up my thinking on this virus situation - no political offense meant!

Well I Saw on the news that the automakers are shutting down so it is only a matter of time before my plant will. Not sure how they will arrange it but I am not too worried they always take care of us well. If that don't work I do have six weeks of vacation. When I got off work and being as I live in Illinois (the most crooked state in the US). We jumped in the car drove across the state line and bought my wife her cigarettes a few days early. Legally I can not say how many were bought:rolleyes: but while I was there I did pickup a package off prince albert and some carter hill. as well as a few (6) more handles of bourbon. cause if I am going to be stuck at home I am going to enjoy it
Around here we drive over TO Illinois for alcohol and tobacco...much cheaper.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Or easier. Over here even spiritual aid to the sick in the hospitals has been restricted. :rolleyes:
That's also a possibility, but we're not there yet. I had a discussion with my wife last night. We live in a house together with her mother, who has a compromised respiratory system. I told her that if I came home from the hospital and gave her the virus, I'd never forgive myself. On the other hand, if I walk away from my patients now to protect myself from contact with the virus, I'd never forgive myself. So I'm looking at moving out to a one room apartment near the hospital.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm a Director of Operations for a 50 store Quick Serve restaurant chain, with stores in NJ/NY/PA/VA/WV and MD. Maryland shut down restaurants and bars on Monday, but left open carry-out and drive-thru. Take out only, no dine-in. WV did the same on Tuesday evening. Today, VA said less than 10 guests at a time. So, I shut down the dining rooms in VA this evening. Sales are down 30% and I expect it to get worse. But, we're better off than fast casual and full service restaurants, so grateful for that. Managing changing standards has been a round the clock exercise since Friday. On Friday, our crisis team met and developed Current, Next and Future tactics. By Sunday, Future became current.

My wife works for our MD state government, they were ending the legislative session, scheduled for next week, but pulled the plug today, but still working (from home), so grateful there as well.

Over 400 died today in Italy, the new record. Scary stuff.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Struggling with college sophomore being home. He’s like caged whiny toddler with very high, IQ, testosterone, social need and love of shitty music, but little wisdom, patience and understanding of how serious this is. We love him for all of this, but it’s hard trying to explain that this is not extended spring break. Hanging out with all the guys and girls can have serious repercussions. 2nd son is high school junior, total opposite happy to chill at home playing video games and working. Scary, he works in a grocery store as a cashier. He’s exposed to a lot of people. They now have mandatory breaks on the hour to close lanes wipe down everything with disinfectant then go wash up.

Wish you and your families good health and a speedy recovery to normalcy.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
With application to our current situation and pipe related

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Struggling with college sophomore being home. He’s like caged whiny toddler with very high, IQ, testosterone, social need and love of shitty music, but little wisdom, patience and understanding of how serious this is. We love him for all of this, but it’s hard trying to explain that this is not extended spring break. Hanging out with all the guys and girls can have serious repercussions. 2nd son is high school junior, total opposite happy to chill at home playing video games and working. Scary, he works in a grocery store as a cashier. He’s exposed to a lot of people. They now have mandatory breaks on the hour to close lanes wipe down everything with disinfectant then go wash up.

Wish you and your families good health and a speedy recovery to normalcy.
I have 3 daughters at home they are struggling with what to do with themselves because of the storms and rainy weather. I am still working at the factory we have heard no word about closing. We have 3500+ employees running 24/7 so I am not sure how they will deal with all of this.

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
If you ARE actually trying to get paper products you could (I did and am stocked, LOL) try looking into the industrial "loose leaf" products. One roll of paper towels will stretch the length of four football fields! No it isn't Charmin quality. Be safe out there.

Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
If you ARE actually trying to get paper products you could (I did and am stocked, LOL) try looking into the industrial "loose leaf" products. One roll of paper towels will stretch the length of four football fields! No it isn't Charmin quality. Be safe out there.
If I get that desperate I do have a barn full of this years hay definitely not Charmin

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Even Uline is sold out. They're still have megarolls for dispensers but you have to had placed an order for said items before January 1 in order to be able to 're'-order. And even then, you can only reorder once.

Status
Not open for further replies.