PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
So Champaign Illinois city council just passed an ordinance giving the mayor the ability to seize personal belonging and property. The madness begins:poop:

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
Police officer here. So, we have to deal with the regular murders, thefts, robberies, domestics and child abuse cases, PLUS I have to set up additional surveillance on Olkofri and Brian64's houses. AND I have to come up with a way to use Covid-19 to my advantage to seize their guns. Because I have nothing else to do.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Now that you mention it, it’s pretty funny to have pipe smokers making fun of people who are buying up huge supplies of something because they fear a government crackdown will stop them from getting more of it.

Gov't crackdown on producing and selling bottled water and toilet paper? I don't think so! But there's some parallel or other here.... The panic hoarding of the above is ignorant and pathetic....or so I dearly hope!

Reactions: BROBS

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
Our favorite bar has set up a fund for the staff and I made a donation. Life won't be the same if I can't return to having a Manhattan there with my wife on Friday nights.

What I do like about what's going on is that it is giving me an opportunity to think about how to support my community and what's important to me. Ok, back to my coffee...

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Police officer here. So, we have to deal with the regular murders, thefts, robberies, domestics and child abuse cases, PLUS I have to set up additional surveillance on Olkofri and Brian64's houses. AND I have to come up with a way to use Covid-19 to my advantage to seize their guns. Because I have nothing else to do.

That's ok...I know you have nothing to do with policy...just following orders. Just don't try to take my toilet paper.

I'll leave a tin of Middleton's Cherry on the porch for you to help pass the time on your vigil.

Oh...and congratulations on still being employed. Many aren't so fortunate due to all of this batshit hysteria.

• Haha
Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Here in Europe most of the auto makers are closing the car factories, VAG, PSA, Renault/Nissan, FIAT and and others.
We have a few plants in Europe and so far the one in France is the only one closed, so far the plants in Germany are still open and the eastern European plants are still going. We have just heard that the Honda car plant in the US will shutdown for 2 weeks

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
No TP... I'm buying paper towels and stealing my neighbor's newspaper every morning. Newspaper is OK, but it's kinda like using wax paper and leaves reverse skid marks! rotfrotfrotf
(Hope I don't really HAVE to do that) :eek:

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
As of today, I am now working from home with my wife who is self-employed and always works from home. My daughter is working from home. The retail business my son is a supervisor at closed and all employees were laid off.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
My IT job finally shifted to full-remote just yesterday...however, I got sent home as I have a cold. I am quite grateful that all my symptoms strongly indicate a cold rather than the dreaded "C" word (not that c-word! lol) ...afraid I won't be able to properly enjoy a pipe for a couple more days, definitely feeling solidly on the mend...

Unfortunately, my very healthy gig schedule has been murdered...I play jazz/funk guitar music as a solo artist and with also often with a drummer, we have had some great momentum ...but, bigger fish to fry in the world at the moment, I hate seein people gettin' sick :/

Reactions: BROBS and Bowie

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If we had the tests I bet we would have over a million infected. I just saw a clip on the news of Clearwater beach and there were tons of people on it. These stupid fucking kids think this is some kind of joke. We need to enact martial law, bring in the National gaurd and the military. If we don't get a handle on this soon our economy will completely crash.

I am 62 and have seen some serious economic shit storms but this dwarfs aii the others combined. We are headed for a depression like the world has never seen before.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I’m working from home and getting cabin fever. I expect new business to stay slow but I have so much backlog/inventory I’m looking at this as an opportunity to finally get ahead of things for when the office reopens and things get back to “normal”.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.