PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
So, cookies and possibly gin, but what about Stonehaven??? What use is a mothership if it doesn’t have any Stonehaven? How can you smoke your Stonehaven if the mothership doesn’t have any tobacco?

So, yeah, I’ve got questions too.
Cookies good; Gin good; but what about Absinthe? Or Cleaning Fluid?

Reactions: chopper and BROBS

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Cookies good; Gin good; but what about Absinthe? Or Cleaning Fluid?
Haha! I went looking for absinthe to the liquour store the other day. Didn't find any, so I asked the lady at the till if they had it. 'I just sold the last bottle the other day', she replied, 'why? Do you like it?'
'Well', said I, 'it's just that with this virus scare you know how they're saying that whatever disinfectant you use must have at least 60% alcohol? So, I concluded that if I have to disinfect myself I better use absinthe instead of gin!'
She laughed and said, 'good thinking!'

That being said, though, it's not entirely a joke. I've been disinfecting my pipes with 40% vodka/gin, but I do want to buy absinthe for future disinfections, specially on new pipes I might buy.

Reactions: chopper

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Haha! I went looking for absinthe to the liquour store the other day. Didn't find any, so I asked the lady at the till if they had it. 'I just sold the last bottle the other day', she replied, 'why? Do you like it?'
'Well', said I, 'it's just that with this virus scare you know how they're saying that whatever disinfectant you use must have at least 60% alcohol? So, I concluded that if I have to disinfect myself I better use absinthe instead of gin!'

That being said, though, it's not entirely a joke. I've been disinfecting my pipes with 40% vodka/gin, but I do want to buy absinthe for future disinfections, specially on new pipes I might buy.
Much as I love drinking Absinthe I'm not sure it's ideal pipe cleaning fluid as it does have some pretty strong flavourings; wouldn't a 60% Vodka (or some good old poitín [potcheen] / moonshine) be a better bet?

Reactions: BROBS

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
Latest News:

{NEWS}

Feds cut interest rates, try to stop market crash:

8% of the Iranian parliament already infected:

Virus hides neurons, indefinitely escapes recognition:

CDC Lab for test kits contaminated:

{RESEARCH}

Survives 28 days in bacteria on surfaces at 4 degrees celcius:

Bodies Must be Cremated:

South Korea "recovered" case reinfected:

{Reminder}

China faces shortage of testing kits:

210 dead in Iran, regime covers it up:

nCoV to cost the global economy $1.1 trillion:

{Detected Cases}

Detected: 92,856 Died: 3,168

btw I don't think any gov is being completely honest about these numbers. The death toll has remained stagnant for 3 days, before that it was steadily climbing. The situation seems to have gotten out of control. I would stock up on some basic food and medical supplies.

Within a month or two we may see real shortages here in the US. Costco Sams club and Walmart are already being stripped dry across the United States.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Much as I love drinking Absinthe I'm not sure it's ideal pipe cleaning fluid as it does have some pretty strong flavourings; wouldn't a 60% Vodka (or some good old poitín [potcheen] / moonshine) be a better bet?
I can't get moonshine here. Maybe so, about the vodka. Then again, absinthe might actually infuse those darn English blends with some actual taste.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast

No need for you to buy it when the used market says that they are already sterilized and ready to smoke!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
No need for you to buy it when the used market says that they are already sterilized and ready to smoke!
I'm talking about brand new ones. I never buy used pipes.

You can't tell whether someone, maybe even the manufacturers themselves, didn't blow on them to test the draw, can you?

Some here have likened pipes to silverware. Well, you don't just eat with silverware you just brought in from the store, do you? Even the instructions on the label say 'wash before use'.

Here (@ 6:24), see what I mean?

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I'm talking about brand new ones. I never buy used pipes.

You can't tell whether someone, maybe even the manufacturers themselves, didn't blow on them to test the draw, can you?

Some here have likened pipes to silverware. Well, you don't just eat with silverware you just brought in from the store, do you? Even the instructions on the label say 'wash before use'.

Here (@ 6:24), see what I mean?

How often do you buy silverware? I do wash dishes! Does that mean I should also wash the 3pk of underwear prior to using them?!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
And the sheets apparently...who knew!
I'd be less fussy if we didn't have Return and Refund BS. Back when I was young, if you bought something you were stuck with it: no such things as returns, changes, or refunds—you didn't like it, tough luck. Returns and replacements were only for defective merchandise, and you got a brand new copy of the same item. Then they came up with 'refurbished' and the markets went to shit.

Nowadays, who knows who's handled the goods before you got them? Even when companies have no return policies for intimate gear, can you really trust them after seeing all the shenanigans they pull off?

Status
Not open for further replies.