PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I'd be less fussy if we didn't have Return and Refund BS. Back when I was young, if you bought something you were stuck with it: no such things as returns, changes, or refunds—you didn't like it, tough luck. Returns and replacements were only for defective merchandise, and you got a brand new copy of the same item. Then they came up with 'refurbished' and the markets went to shit.

Nowadays, who knows who's handled the goods before you got them? Even when companies have no return policies for intimate gear, can you really trust them after seeing all the shenanigans they pull off?
No, you are ? % correct. I use everclear on my pipes a quick plunge prior to the first smoke! That's how it used to be and people managed their money better for it. I have known people who had tags and receipts under their items and return them for new and improved dacor. It disgusting...

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Back when I was young, if you bought something you were stuck with it: no such things as returns, changes, or refunds—

That was back with the Satisfaction Guarantee. Businesses were satisfied with your money so you were on your own. It's where that glorious phrase, Caveat Emptor came from.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I cannot say that CBD has made any different for my girlfriend or myself in regard since to anxiety and sleep issues, including more reputable well reviewed brands.
Were they a full extract cannabis oil [FECO] or an isolate?
All 100+ cannabinoids work synergistically.
Isolates can work initially but the rate of efficacy plunges in a relatively short time.

Still, I'm surprised that you got no benefit initially.

Funnily enough, while on the subject; cannabis always made me feel better when I've had a cold or virus in small doses.
Often well enough to have a quick smoke of tobacco. :)

Jan 27, 2020
On serious note I guess it’s not going to effect pipe tobacco production unless perhaps something like the tins are produced in China.

Jan 27, 2020
Were they a full extract cannabis oil [FECO] or an isolate?
All 100+ cannabinoids work synergistically.
Isolates can work initially but the rate of efficacy plunges in a relatively short time.

Still, I'm surprised that you got no benefit initially.

Funnily enough, while on the subject; cannabis always made me feel better when I've had a cold or virus in small doses.
Often well enough to have a quick smoke of tobacco. :)

I will have to look at our latest purchase. It was $75 for one of those small bottles. Oddly, the first time I had a cbd latte or whatever I felt super relaxed after but nothing after that...

Reactions: chopper

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
CDC suggested that 60 percent of the US population could be infected in the next 3 months. I just hope it happens after the Chicago pipe show.

Reactions: Bowie

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Does that mean I should also wash the 3pk of underwear prior to using them?!

Yes. Chinese textile makers often add FORMALDEHYDE to material because it helps stop wrinkling.
There is no acceptable level of formaldehyde in the human body. It's highly toxic and is absorbed through the skin.

The Chinese love formaldehyde in it's various forms. They even added melanin to baby formula, killing several babies and seriously injuring thousands more.
[Just imagine what they put in their tobacco ☠ ]

I wash anything that will touch my skin regardless of origin. If it's from China I wash it twice.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
The BBC are obsessed with this, both on their website and their live news on every hour.

Methinks it will be this way until some really interesting news item crops up.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: BROBS

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Sometimes a Hitler Moustache can suit a person/kitty. Whether he's always dreaming about invading Poland while he's eating his morning kibbles is unknown ?

View attachment 20862
All jokes aside, it should be noted he was awarded several decorations for bravery. He received the Iron Cross Second Class, in 1914. In 1918 he received the Iron Cross First Class. If parallels can be made, that's the approximate equivalent of 2 Congressional Medals of Honor.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
All jokes aside, it should be noted he was awarded several decorations for bravery. He received the Iron Cross Second Class, in 1914. In 1918 he received the Iron Cross First Class. If parallels can be made, that's the approximate equivalent of 2 Congressional Medals of Honor.
Ezek 33:18-19. 'Nuff said.

Reactions: Bowie
Jun 9, 2018
England
Sung to the Colonel Bogey March:

Hitler has only got one ball
Göring has two but very small
Himmler is rather sim'lar
But poor old Goebbels has no balls at all

Hitler has only got one ball
The other is in the Albert Hall
His mother, the dirty bugger