PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Haha yep. Then you'll be totaly free of gluten related symptoms when they bury you after your heart attack.
Well actually ..... I've been a vegetarian for over 25 years.
Over 20 years ago I was diagnosed with Buergers disease and given 2-3 years to live [even shorter if I continued to smoke]
My boy was only 3-4yo at the time. I'm not scared of dying but I didn't want to leave my boy without a dad so I did a LOT of research on diet.

The most important thing that I learnt was that denatured vegetable oils such as canola, sunflower and margarine, are one of the leading causes of the modern rise in hardening of the arteries, heart disease and diabetes.

These denatured veg oils and margarine weaken arterial walls. The body lays down cholesterol to protect arteries from aneurysm. These denatured oils damage cell walls affecting insulin's ability to pass through.
Cold-pressed vegetable oils are fine.

Unprocessed animal fats are actually healthier than denatured veg oils and margarine because they are natural foods and essential as part of a balanced healthy diet.
Denatured oils are hard to avoid, they're used in processed foods and most restaurants and fast food outlets use them exclusively.

And what oils do our health 'authorities' recommend? Yep, margarine and denatured veg oils.

Remember back when the health authorities warned about the dangers of cholesterol? Warning people to avoid egg yolks and animal fat? I called bullshit at the time. Several years later they changed their minds; there's now TWO types of cholesterol, one good the other bad.
Seriously, the health authorities are either clueless or they're doing their bit to reduce the worlds over-population problem.

Animal fat is HEALTHY. Denatured veg oils and margarine are CRAP.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Well actually ..... I've been a vegetarian for over 25 years.
Over 20 years ago I was diagnosed with Buergers disease and given 2-3 years to live [even shorter if I continued to smoke]
My boy was only 3-4yo at the time. I'm not scared of dying but I didn't want to leave my boy without a dad so I did a LOT of research on diet.

The most important thing that I learnt was that denatured vegetable oils such as canola, sunflower and margarine, are one of the leading causes of the modern rise in hardening of the arteries, heart disease and diabetes.

These denatured veg oils and margarine weaken arterial walls. The body lays down cholesterol to protect arteries from aneurysm. These denatured oils damage cell walls affecting insulin's ability to pass through.
Cold-pressed vegetable oils are fine.

Unprocessed animal fats are actually healthier than denatured veg oils and margarine because they are natural foods and essential as part of a balanced healthy diet.
Denatured oils are hard to avoid, they're used in processed foods and most restaurants and fast food outlets use them exclusively.

And what oils do our health 'authorities' recommend? Yep, margarine and denatured veg oils.

Remember back when the health authorities warned about the dangers of cholesterol? Warning people to avoid egg yolks and animal fat? I called bullshit at the time. Several years later they changed their minds; there's now TWO types of cholesterol, one good the other bad.
Seriously, the health authorities are either clueless or they're doing their bit to reduce the worlds over-population problem.

Animal fat is HEALTHY. Denatured veg oils and margarine are CRAP.

Of course animal fat can be healthy. When ingested in appropriate amounts. If your diet consists of nothing but that, as indicated in the post above that I replied to, it will absolutely kill you.

On a side note I am glad to hear you did your own research and seem to be beating the odds with your health issues. Very admirable and certainly not an easy thing to do.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
You bet I am! I read On the Beach and know that Australia will be the last place standing in the apocalypse. I'll be there with my pipe and bottle of Bundaberg when the end comes.
That would be an appropriate time to get stuck into a bottle of Bundy rum, when one has no worry about the morning after.
Lovely stuff but if one over indulges the hangovers are wicked. :eek:

Reactions: jpmcwjr

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Anyone think it’s strange that while everyone is honing in on The virus, Congress is busy with HR2339?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Two different doctors and nearly a decade apart. The first said I had bronchitis at six months old, the other said constipation at eleven years old. Medical attention did however help in the case of a head on car collision and an abdominal stab with a steak knife. I still won that fight with a 2x4.

Jesus Christ, I didn't realize you were James Bond.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Two different doctors and nearly a decade apart. The first said I had bronchitis at six months old, the other said constipation at eleven years old. Medical attention did however help in the case of a head on car collision and an abdominal stab with a steak knife. I still won that fight with a 2x4.

So, I have questions, lol.

Was the car crash and the steak knife / 2 x 4 wound all one episode? And if so, it sounds like you might be related to or know either Raylan Givens or Quentin Tarantino, or ... yeah, I have questions.

If on the other hand, this was a dinner table thing, I’m thinking you might be related to Buford Pusser, or ...?

Dammit, Duane, I’ve just got questions. ?????

BlueMaxx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2020
Indiana
So, I have questions, lol.

Was the car crash and the steak knife / 2 x 4 wound all one episode? And if so, it sounds like you might be related to or know either Raylan Givens or Quentin Tarantino, or ... yeah, I have questions.

If on the other hand, this was a dinner table thing, I’m thinking you might be related to Buford Pusser, or ...?

Dammit, Duane, I’ve just got questions. ?????

Further more was it that wussy fir pine or some of that ol' yeller southern pine 2x4?

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Of course animal fat can be healthy. When ingested in appropriate amounts. If your diet consists of nothing but that, as indicated in the post above that I replied to, it will absolutely kill you.

On a side note I am glad to hear you did your own research and seem to be beating the odds with your health issues. Very admirable and certainly not an easy thing to do.
"In appropriate amounts" yep. Not that I know for certain but I think that for those of you who live in a very cold climate, you're able to eat more animal fats than those who live in more temperate climates.

Thanks. At the time I fell ill I was going through Family Court and dealing with an ex who went out of her way to make life for me as miserable as possible.
I've never been more stressed in my life. The more stressed I was, the more cigarettes I smoked.
Although my surgeon blamed the Buergers entirely on the ciggies, it's my belief that stress was at the very least, just as much to blame.

Now that my boy is grown I've cut-off all communication with his mother and after numerous failed quit attempts, I ditched the ciggies for a pipe around ten years ago. Interesting that my condition has not deteriorated since. :)

Reactions: jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
"In appropriate amounts" yep. Not that I know for certain but I think that for those of you who live in a very cold climate, you're able to eat more animal fats than those who live in more temperate climates.

Thanks. At the time I fell ill I was going through Family Court and dealing with an ex who went out of her way to make life for me as miserable as possible.
I've never been more stressed in my life. The more stressed I was, the more cigarettes I smoked.
Although my surgeon blamed the Buergers entirely on the ciggies, it's my belief that stress was at the very least, just as much to blame.

Now that my boy is grown I've cut-off all communication with his mother and after numerous failed quit attempts, I ditched the ciggies for a pipe around ten years ago. Interesting that my condition has not deteriorated since. :)

Some of us don't have a choice! Alaska Natives on the Arctic Slope of AK have lived on virtually nothing but fat for thousands of years (I'm talking whale blubber and seal oil), and IIRC there is actually some science regarding their ability to live on such a diet without dying instantly, but I can't be sure, as that info is socked away in my brain from many many years ago. I, thankfully, am lucky enough to be able to choose my diet and do my best to keep it lean. Try to stick to mostly plants and eating mostly moose (quite lean) when it comes to red meat, and limiting said red meat (and actually all meat) consumption to reasonable levels has certainly helped.

I hear you on the stress. I have a condition called Benign Fasciculation Syndrome and I don't think it's a coincidence that it came on after a decade of struggling with Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. No proof of course, as there is no "known" cause, but anxiety certainly exacerbates the symptoms. Congrats on cutting off the cigs. And the toxic ex for that matter.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and chopper

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Hopefully the plunder was worth it. Did you burn his darn ship afterwards? ?

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
I hear you on the stress. I have a condition called Benign Fasciculation Syndrome and I don't think it's a coincidence that it came on after a decade of struggling with Panic Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. No proof of course, as there is no "known" cause, but anxiety certainly exacerbates the symptoms. Congrats on cutting off the cigs. And the toxic ex for that matter.

Have you tried a CBD rich full extract cannabis oil [FECO] for that?
It's brilliant for neurological disorders.
After a lower leg amputation, a nerve grew back as a ganglion of nerve endings called a neuroma. The nerve pain is insane. The pain clinic tried for several years to force me to take an anti-epileptic because 'It might help' [Bullshit it does. The side effects are nightmarish, it destroys ones liver and sudden cessation can kill]

Here in Nanny State Oz we have a 'medicinal cannabis' program that's designed to hinder [Only a few hundred patients have been accepted] Once one jumps through all the legal hoops they charge $1,000-$1500 for a months supply of pHarmaceutical oil.
So I'm unable to source a CBD rich FECO. None-the-less, just 2-3 pipes of cannabis a day eliminates 95% of the nerve pain. [High THC is not recommended for anxiety or panic disorders so it would be worth for you to source a CBD FECO]

I teach meditation and help others to witness past lives. Meditation has helped me big time.
Conditions like Panic Disorder often relate to early childhood or a past life [I had a panic attack on a plane trip to Bali - I've never been so freaked out in my life. A few years later I discovered that my fear of flying goes back to a life as a U.S. airman as a belly turret gunner in a Flying Fortress that was shot down where I was trapped in the turret]
It never ceases to amaze me how ones subconscious takes one back to the appropriate life memory every time - when the person is ready to see it that is. Knowing the root of a disorder often heals the condition, or at the very least, puts one on the path to healing it.

If you'd like to know more please feel free to shoot me a PM.

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
What do you use for protein?
From grains, pulses, fruit, veg and eggs.
Once we've stopped growing we don't need as much protein. Western diets give way more protein than we actually need [better than not enough though]
For a while I regularly ate tofu but since realising that it's high in estrogen, I now eat it once a month. [There's a theory that the rise in tofu consumption in veg and vegan diets is contributing to the feminisation of young males]

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Have you tried a CBD rich full extract cannabis oil [FECO] for that?
It's brilliant for neurological disorders.
After a lower leg amputation, a nerve grew back as a ganglion of nerve endings called a neuroma. The nerve pain is insane. The pain clinic tried for several years to force me to take an anti-epileptic because 'It might help' [Bullshit it does. The side effects are nightmarish, it destroys ones liver and sudden cessation can kill]

Here in Nanny State Oz we have a 'medicinal cannabis' program that's designed to hinder [Only a few hundred patients have been accepted] Once one jumps through all the legal hoops they charge $1,000-$1500 for a months supply of pHarmaceutical oil.
So I'm unable to source a CBD rich FECO. None-the-less, just 2-3 pipes of cannabis a day eliminates 95% of the nerve pain. [High THC is not recommended for anxiety or panic disorders so it would be worth for you to source a CBD FECO]

I teach meditation and help others to witness past lives. Meditation has helped me big time.
Conditions like Panic Disorder often relate to early childhood or a past life [I had a panic attack on a plane trip to Bali - I've never been so freaked out in my life. A few years later I discovered that my fear of flying goes back to a life as a U.S. airman as a belly turret gunner in a Flying Fortress that was shot down where I was trapped in the turret]
It never ceases to amaze me how ones subconscious takes one back to the appropriate life memory every time - when the person is ready to see it that is. Knowing the root of a disorder often heals the condition, or at the very least, puts one on the path to healing it.

If you'd like to know more please feel free to shoot me a PM.
I have not tried CBD, as I’m doing alright stress wise with myriad techniques and thought processes I’ve acquired and learned through many years of therapy (as it pertains to anxiety). I prefer to ingest as little as possible when it comes to any kind of medication, regardless of how “natural” and right now my mind is enough and I’m happy with that.

As far as my neurological condition, I am working through a number of options currently, as I’ve only had this condition for 14 months, so I’m still in a trial and error phase to treat the symptoms (it is not a curable syndrome). CBD has been floated as an option but I have not made it that far down the list yet.

Cannabinoids are not an option, as I am the CEO of a company that requires drug testing for employees due to certain term contract requirements. If I ask them to refrain in order to make a living, I feel as though I should hold myself to the same standard.

Nothing against any of it though. If it is an option for you and improves your quality of life more power to you. I appreciate the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.