PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I got my ten tins in. Smoked two bowls last night, ordered another ten tins. Sweet, tart and nutty with a faint but constant sort of airy floral element, the different leaf compliments and plays together near perfectly.

Quite impressed with it, are you? You do like some mild VA I don't "get", but most of your tastes align with mine. 11 tins inbound.

ak2000

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2018
Illinois, USA
alphaprimecomm.com
I am a huge fan of C&D Burley blends so upon reading about this one I promptly purchased 20 tins. I'm on the fence about it because there is definitely a prominent topping, which I almost never care for. Very noticeable from the tin note and first light. The Burley is definitely in the background, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I expected. @hoosierpipeguy enjoys talking shit about what he considers "codger" blends, but C&D Burley blends are among my favorites. Mark's right though, this is definitely not like any of their other Burley blends and that C&D baccys benefit from some time after opening. Will revisit after aging some, maybe I'll like it better then.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I’ve smoked two bowls. I’m getting some vanilla and leather. The orientals are spicy and a wonderful compliment to the cocoa/burley. I’m sure the more I smoke this I’ll pick up more nuances, but it really reminds me of SunBear. I want to say there’s a topping. I’ve been smoking Miskatonic Mixture lately and I’ve swear there’s a topping on that one. So I might have “Topping” on the brain. This has to be the best burley blend I’ve tried in a long time; All Hype aside. I can’t wait for another run in 30 years if we are all still here.?

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I am a huge fan of C&D Burley blends so upon reading about this one I promptly purchased 20 tins. I'm on the fence about it because there is definitely a prominent topping, which I almost never care for. Very noticeable from the tin note and first light. The Burley is definitely in the background, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I expected. @hoosierpipeguy enjoys talking shit about what he considers "codger" blends, but C&D Burley blends are among my favorites. Mark's right though, this is definitely not like any of their other Burley blends and that C&D baccys benefit from some time after opening. Will revisit after aging some, maybe I'll like it better then.
To buy 20 tins without first trying it is a fair leap pf faith.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Just my initial impression:

It's definitely, noticably a burley blend although it has enough other leaf to it that it's not overly so. Which is a way of saying if you don't like burley at all you should pass this one up. Also, get it too hot and it picks up a bit of acrid-ity or cigarette-ness that often shows up in burley blends.

That being said, kept cool it's wonderfully sweet and complex. By complex I mean you can really notice the influence of the various leaves used in it.

I picked up 10 tins and that's probably all I'll ever need.

I did smoke it in a cob so I want to try it in briar next.