PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
Also, the tin note reminds me of Tinder Box (McClelland) 1928. Awesome tin note. If memory serves, I’m also tasting similarities here during my second bowl.
I was pleasantly surprised when I popped the tin; not sure what I was expecting. Also just had one bowl (the first in my Peterson Aran, per another thread) so far, enjoyed it, but will save more details for a few more.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Gifted a tin and I hate to say it but it is really good. Kind of light in the burley taste which is perfect for me in the summer and as I smoke OJK all day long. Orientals add just a light touch that really draws me in. I like orientals that come and go a bit in taste. Burns pure white.

Hit and miss when trying to choose which new blend to try but wish I had picked up 20 tins instead of my zero!

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
If anyone is still looking to get some Eight State Burley Payless Cigars and Pipes has some available, in fact they're the only online retailer I've seen that still has any in stock. I just bought a tin from them a few minutes ago.
Thanks I went ahead and picked some up. They charge shipping but no sales tax. There may be a few I left rotf