PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Yeah, I'm in. C&D is famous for their Burley, and I am usually a fan of their work with the leaf.
Seriously. C&D modern take on Scottish Blend?
Interesting. Even though it has a lot of other ingredients like a Scottish, I'd still expect this to be a burley driven smoke... My question is how "rustic?" Will it be a bit rough and stout like OJK, Haunted Bookshop and Flake #1, or something a bit sweeter, smoother and more refined, like an Oak Alley?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
What's the alternative to not having small batches? If one is bothered by small batches, the solution is painfully simple. Don't buy any. If you miss out on a few good ones, tough titty.

Seems to me, if you think there's a remote chance you may like it, buy ten to twenty tins. Being a small batch, if you don't like it, there will be enough people that like it, you can trade for something you like or get your money back by selling. So to me, the risk of not buying is greater. YMMV.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Yeah, I'm in. C&D is famous for their Burley, and I am usually a fan of their work with the leaf.

Interesting. Even though it has a lot of other ingredients like a Scottish, I'd still expect this to be a burley driven smoke... My question is how "rustic?" Will it be a bit rough and stout like OJK, Haunted Bookshop and Flake #1, or something a bit sweeter, smoother and more refined, like an Oak Alley?
I don't think it will be too rustic. My guess is that it will be a burley-added variation on Bijou, one of their best blends and an apparent cornerstone that they tweak to create new blends (e.g. Sun Bear).

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
4 tins here. The one thing I don't like about these limited edition impulse purchases is that most of these blends have such minuscule differences than other tobaccos of similar make-up, that its not worth it, in my opinion. Fancy writeup sounds amazing though, as with all of them. I should just stick to my bulk favourites.