Am I A Shmuck For Preferring Corn Cobs?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Salted's statement still stands, because that is not the type of pipe that corncob guys are looking for. But, it is a unique and niche artsy thing. I think it's neat. But, it's like posting a picture of diamond encrusted flip flops to defend against people saying flip flops are cheap. It's just not a part of the standard market.

Recon Paul

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2020
New Jersey, US
I've got 2 MM cobs that I have really been enjoying lately. They are both more pleasant to smoke than one of my 3 briars. I also have 2 minis that don't smoke as well, but are good fo tasting new blends even though they don't really do them justice. A good cob is light weight and smokes well. I find a good cob to be a nice surprise and a great value. And if a cob sucks, how much $ did you waste on it?

Smoking a cob right now as a matter of fact.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I’d probably smoke more cobs if they had a bowl size that I prefer. They are either too small or too big for me. I still use them from time to time, I smoked them a lot more when I was just getting started. Nothing wrong with preferring cobs. I just saw a video with Bob Gregory of Samuel Gawith, one of his top three pipes is a cob.
The only true medium MM I have is the Marcus. I don't like nose warmers so I put the 3 1/4" slim stems on them.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
See I was thinking.. "nah, I don't need a Halloween pipe", but now I've seen this. ?
They've got those at Milan.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
I have three cobs that are a part of my rotation. I like having both briars and cobs. To be honest, I enjoy smoking my cobs as much as my briars. I can totally see how a person would just smoke cobs. They're inexpensive and for me anyway, the tobacco's I enjoy taste just as good in a cob as they do in a briar. Now I feel like I have to buy a fourth cob. Thanks...haha

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
[QUOTE = "HitchensDog, publicación: 36215056, miembro: 23617"]
Tengo tres mazorcas que forman parte de mi rotación. Me gusta tener zarzas y mazorcas. Para ser honesto, disfruto fumar mis mazorcas tanto como mis zarzas. Puedo ver totalmente cómo una persona simplemente fumaría mazorcas. Son baratos y para mí de todos modos, el tabaco que disfruto sabe tan bien en una mazorca como en un brezo. Ahora siento que tengo que comprar una cuarta mazorca. Gracias ... jaja
[/CITAR]
rotf??????tenor (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: HitchensDog

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I don't know you so calling you a schmuck would be a bit out of line. However I will gladly call you a Putz for smoking cobs. I only smoke briar pipes that have been properly broken in. If Putz is a tad harsh we could go with Kuni Lemel as it may be more appropriate.