PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipesRock

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2020
Florida
Send it over to those box pass guys. Tell them they each have to smoke it once before sending the box on...

puffy :sher: puffy :sher: puffy :sher: puffy

View attachment 35097
Nearly spit out some coffee imagining folks opening the box with the pipe on top with that stained charred note giving them their "mission impossible." Haha
Great discipline for sure @didimauw ... The display (probably mentioned before) should be small glass case with a heavy Tamper chained along side... "Break Glass in case of Lack of Smoke"

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
My cake was starting to crack so I decided I would ream it for the last time.

View attachment 35625View attachment 35627View attachment 35628View attachment 35629View attachment 35630View attachment 35631View attachment 35632View attachment 35633
Man I hate to see it go....

And I'll do probably the last warm water flush as well, and let it dry till morning, for a nice clean fresh smoke.
Holy crap! ?
Look at that paper towel. Looks like you were emptying out the barbecue pit! That’s crazy.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I would actually love to see this done with a meer. The color change would be fun to watch. I wouldn’t be willing to do it myself, however... maybe if I got a free meer out of it... maybe.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I would actually love to see this done with a meer. The color change would be fun to watch. I wouldn’t be willing to do it myself, however... maybe if I got a free meer out of it... maybe.
I will readily volunteer for the “One S. Bang for one year.” experiment if someone is willing to send me a free one as well. I feel obligated to do my duty. You know, for science. :LOL:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I do not think Dr. Grabow has ever had a marketing department much less an advertising or communications office, just the business office that does it all. Nonetheless, it seems they would be interested to hear about this, to post a short write-up and picture in the lobby maybe. In the old days, the nearest large metropolitan paper would run this as a feature with a photo or two. Re. photos above, canoeing on the mighty Mississippi, risking dropping the sacred pipe! That's part of the lore of this year. Prepare the bugles and drumroll for August 2.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I have to say this thread has made me abandon the theory of only smoking a briar once a day and letting it rest. I have a 3 or 4 Dr. Grabow rotation that i go thru everyday and smoke them all at least 2 bowls min a day per pipe

Me too. If I tried to do the recommended rest per pipe, I'd have pipes coming out of my ears!

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
Oh. I thought pipes coming out of my ears was the whole idea. Oops.

I certainly dont mind pipes coming out of my ears at home, in fact that is the goal..

but after a while trying to rest pipes and smoke a good many bowls a day, you'll have pipes all over your desk, in every pocket, and 10 pipes dumped out in your car. haha

Reactions: brandaves
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
I certainly dont mind pipes coming out of my ears at home, in fact that is the goal..

but after a while trying to rest pipes and smoke a good many bowls a day, you'll have pipes all over your desk, in every pocket, and 10 pipes dumped out in your car. haha
I am just shy of 20 pipes but i seem to find smoking the same 3 or 4 daily. I do have one pipe that is just for BS 759. but all the rest just smoke whichever jar i grab from the bottom shelf of the table. I tend to stick with the same 4 blends 90% of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.