PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Next you need to do one cob, one day for a year...build your 365 day rotation of cobs. It is the opposite of sell everything but 3, but it is an option.
That would be much less work than only one pipe! But much more costly!

Last edited:

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Getting close to that big 1K. Got anything special planned.

Be careful. You accidentally got some good tobacco in there.

nana

Yeah, I know. The ? Blue Socks Of Shame...

I imagine it's a crazy time to be moving. Good luck with all that.

View attachment 34757
No I haven't thought about anything special. So I guess not ....I'm kinda boring. Other than smoking ANY other pipe....I have my corn cob and two brand new unsmoked pipes waiting for me.

Last edited:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Good to see this thread still going! I can’t believe we are coming up on a year now!
Good job dude, you have way more self discipline than I’ll ever have. There is no way I could just stick with one pipe for a year, no matter how good the pipe may be, I need a selection.

Reactions: Bowie and didimauw

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Good to see this thread still going! I can’t believe we are coming up on a year now!
Good job dude, you have way more self discipline than I’ll ever have. There is no way I could just stick with one pipe for a year, no matter how good the pipe may be, I need a selection.
It seems really difficult, but only having one option makes things very simple. Yes it can be boring, and I miss my other pipes, but it's not as hard as it seems.

I'm in the last month today as we speak! Whooooo.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I guess it is my proclivity for wear and patina, but I think the tamper is improved considerably by its "time away." Hang in there didi', your persistence is commendable. I couldn't do it ... just too much of a variety fiend. You could make a plaque for that Dr. Grabow when you are done with an explanation of its marathon performance. And to remind you to never do this again. The pipe seems to have held up. The Dr. Grabow people should feature you in an ad.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I guess it is my proclivity for wear and patina, but I think the tamper is improved considerably by its "time away." Hang in there didi', your persistence is commendable. I couldn't do it ... just too much of a variety fiend. You could make a plaque for that Dr. Grabow when you are done with an explanation of its marathon performance. And to remind you to never do this again. The pipe seems to have held up. The Dr. Grabow people should feature you in an ad.
There will be a plaque made for it. Something simple, with dates and number of smokes or something on it.

And yes it will be a great reminder to NEVER do this again lmao.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Do you think you will keep this pipe in rotation or put it out of service and mount it to a monument

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
This has been one of my favorite threads to watch. I’m glad you did this.

Also seeing that tamper made me want one crazy bad, and I’m so glad I got one!!!! Mine is also aging beautifully.

For the record it has not made me want to smoke one pipe for a year. ?

FC929C2A-2719-44DF-8338-72CDB0902867.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.