PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
didi', sort of an equipment question for you. How did the stem hold up over the year. It had to have taken some wear. I've always avoided Grabow standard stems in favor of their Royalton line with acrylic stems. How did your Grabow hold up compared to heavy use on a Vulcanite stem? I have guessed that the plastic in the non-acrylic stems is softer and not so durable, but I've never tried one. Just curiosity, since you have been where few have gone before.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
didi', sort of an equipment question for you. How did the stem hold up over the year. It had to have taken some wear. I've always avoided Grabow standard stems in favor of their Royalton line with acrylic stems. How did your Grabow hold up compared to heavy use on a Vulcanite stem? I have guessed that the plastic in the non-acrylic stems is softer and not so durable, but I've never tried one. Just curiosity, since you have been where few have gone before.
The stem held up just fine for a year of hard use. It actually became quite comfortable with all the tooth marks. Compared to the one pipe I had with a vulcanite stem, that had worse dents after a month.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I have maybe 20 Grabows. Just used one for some Penzance 1/2 hour ago. Some are great pipes. I like Kaywoodie even more. I’ve got all types but a lot of those as I bought many to practice restoring, staining etc earlier. Grabows are just another pipe among many in my cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.