Dallas Wynn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 19, 2019
NW Arkansas

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I've told this story before. Former college football Coach Emory Bellard, inventor of the wishbone formation when he was an assistant coach to Darrell Royal at Texas, was inducted into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame back when I was still working there. As a sportscaster in a previous life, I had interviewed him many times when he was the head coach at Texas A&M. He was always smoking a pipe. The night of his induction I asked him if he still smoked a pipe. He said no, that he gave it up because his pipe finally started tasting bad. He said he smoked it all day long for 14 years (Carter Hall was the only tobacco he ever smoked). But then it started tasting bad and just quit cold turkey. He said it was a Dr. Grabow. So, I guess the moral of this story is that if you're only going to smoke yours everyday for a year, you should be okay.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
@pipestud That is an awesome story! Those old guys crack me up!
@alaskanpiper Haha u like that? I could live in that thing during this lock down. I'm debating setting up the larger 4 person tent to smoke in, cause this one is a little cramped. Trying to convince the wife to let me build a permanent room in the garage to smoke in, with a heater, and she's on board.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
@pipestud That is an awesome story! Those old guys crack me up!
@alaskanpiper Haha u like that? I could live in that thing during this lock down. I'm debating setting up the larger 4 person tent to smoke in, cause this one is a little cramped. Trying to convince the wife to let me build a permanent room in the garage to smoke in, with a heater, and she's on board.
Haha hell yeah, do it!

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
Nice to know you're still going strong. I was just wondering earlier about it. I noticed in your one cob for one year thread you would mention how much you missed smoking your briars. Do you miss smoking your cobs this go around?

Status
Not open for further replies.