PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
didi', I think I lost track; how is the stem and bit doing? It was showing some serious wear, but you seem to be forging ahead. I do admire your perseverance. I'm a variety junkie, for both pipes and blends. I try to rotate my too-many pipes ongoing, to keep them all smoked.
The stem is still holding up. It doesn't feel or look much worse than the last picture of it.

Reactions: vates

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
@didimauw I've only ever seen cracks in briar that follow the grain. It looks more like a scratch to me. But, I am not very smart, and people tell me that I smell funny.
I hope your right. However, they are pretty deep, and I don't know how it could have gotten scratched so perfectly like that. I guess we will see. HhahHaa

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think if the briar on that pipe lasts, I'd get a new stem done for it. Then put it away for a few years for a rest, and get it out later for the rotation, as a storied pipe.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I think if the briar on that pipe lasts, I'd get a new stem done for it. Then put it away for a few years for a rest, and get it out later for the rotation, as a storied pipe.

Haha, the way he clenches he won't have a choice! That airway will be clamped shut in a matter of weeks!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
All I know is that I thought about it and decided against bringing a back up pipe with me on our trip to Michigan tomorrow. So it better last atleast the two 5 hour car rides....

Reactions: Casual
Status
Not open for further replies.