Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
You're a lucky guy! But how does she feel about jazz and vinyl?
She loves both! She's a fan of just about all of my hobbies and finds something interesting about each one. She even listens to vinyl with me while we play board games and I smoke my pipes. It always makes for a great time.
I cheated and started buying records that she likes to involve her more. Now she asks to throw on Bill Evans or Jim Hall instead. I've done well

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
You exit a downtown saloon late at night and almost immediately spot a man across the street lighting what appears to be a tobacco pipe. Your first thought is to:

A. Call the police. It's probably some depraved specimen of humanity loitering and smoking crack.

B. Catch the scent and verify that it's a fellow connoisseur of fine tobacco. So, at the risk of being thought a little too friendly for that part of town, you cross the street and try to establish some sort of rapport by uttering common pipe smoking banalities.

C. Try to get sober. A flickering remnant of clarity reveals that the pipe smoker is none other than your own reflection in a shop window, a mistake anyone could make.

D. Ignore the bastard. There hasn't been another pipe smoker in the area for 17 years, and there's no reason to think there's another one now.

Silvrbdgr

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2023
Navarre, FL
You exit a downtown saloon late at night and almost immediately spot a man across the street lighting what appears to be a tobacco pipe. Your first thought is to:

A. Call the police. It's probably some depraved specimen of humanity loitering and smoking crack.

B. Catch the scent and verify that it's a fellow connoisseur of fine tobacco. So, at the risk of being thought a little too friendly for that part of town, you cross the street and try to establish some sort of rapport by uttering common pipe smoking banalities.

C. Try to get sober. A flickering remnant of clarity reveals that the pipe smoker is none other than your own reflection in a shop window, a mistake anyone could make.

D. Ignore the bastard. There hasn't been another pipe smoker in the area for 17 years, and there's no reason to think there's another one now.
I'll take "C" for the win.

Ray Popp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2022
A co-worker sees you smoking a pipe, and he tells you that he just got his first pipe and is working through his first tin--Cult Blood Red Moon. He's having a great time and asks for a recommendation for his next blend. Which do you recommend:

A) Penzance. That ought to slow him down. I mean, really... what's one more person looking for Penzance?
B) Sammy G's Black XX Rope. Some people like to wear floaties and play in the kiddie pool, but ain't nobody got time for that. You're more of a "throw you in the lake and see if you make it back to the boat" kind of guy.
C) C&D's Syrian Trawler. His girlfriend said that she actually likes the smell of his pipe tobacco. We can fix that problem.
D) Billy Budd. Some C&D blends you either love or hate. Let's go ahead and throw the gauntlet so he knows what he's getting into.
E) Autumn Evening. You've been looking for some idiot a new smoker to offload this jar for years now.
All the above ...

Ray Popp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2022
She loves both! She's a fan of just about all of my hobbies and finds something interesting about each one. She even listens to vinyl with me while we play board games and I smoke my pipes. It always makes for a great time.
I cheated and started buying records that she likes to involve her more. Now she asks to throw on Bill Evans or Jim Hall instead. I've done well
I'm looking for one that likes to wear vinyl ... but that is something completely different ...