PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Indeed, this is my favorite summer season pasta sauce, adding less or more those anchovies, although I have to admit often I put them more than I should, also quality of the used ingredients &pasta sort plays a certain important role with this dish
I’m totally with you there.

I love anchovies
Nothing nicer than a tin of good quality anchovies, some nice bread and a glass of Sherry

The impressive thing about Italian cuisine (for the most part) is the seeming simplicity of the recipes.
A few ingredients.
But let each ingredient shine

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Wh

How is brown rice a "lie"? It is rice with the hull still attached and has more nutrients and fiber than white rice. I can't say I desirer brown rice but I wish I did and do enjoy the chewiness but my issue is that it's not good at soaking up sauces etc., like white rice.
It is high in arsenic and not great to have too often.

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Very interesting thread, here. I read every post & lots of good info & opinions.
I've got my pantry stocked with almost every type .... Parboiled, Brown, Basmati (love it), Jasmine, Red Thai Cargo rice, Black rice mixed with black lentils, etc. I also like to make the Korean thing call Japgokbap, which is various combinations of rice, lentils, barley, dried peas or beans, etc. You can make many different combos .... very nutritious & healthy.

Cooking? I've been offered rice cookers from friends who no longer use them & I always say Thanks but No Thanks. I can cook rice on the stovetop, but you have to keep it "supervised". Interesting that not one comment in this thread was about the absolutely EASIEST, most FOOLPROOF way to cook rice = BAKE IT (!!!) .... won't burn, soaking not required, just set the oven & that's it. I've been baking all my rice for almost 3 years. And it turns out PERFECT every time.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
But arsenic is all natural! :)
If you’re worried about arsenic or even mercury in your fish eat a few chlorella tablets an hour prior to your rice/fish. Chlorella, which is like a sea algae bonds to heavy metals and then you pass them in your stool instead of absorbing them. You can get little tablets in the supplement aisle at Wegman’s.