Any Tips for Jazzing up Scrambled Eggs Guys?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Chutney! Give me chutney! Some of those omelets cry for that; others, sour cream.
Thanks for starting this thread, Jay! Who knew a Brit could get us talking about spicy condiments!
I didn't look back, but weren't you the person who suggested jam on eggs when younger? Chutney is a great fit for that flavor profile.

I'm also big into sweet and savory (like roast pork with a blackberry jam glaze). I'm also known to put jam on a sausage muffin (with or without egg) and have been getting into fig jam lately.

While it may seem "off" at first blush, the flavors actually go together well.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
I didn't look back, but weren't you the person who suggested jam on eggs when younger? Chutney is a great fit for that flavor profile.

I'm also big into sweet and savory (like roast pork with a blackberry jam glaze). I'm also known to put jam on a sausage muffin (with or without egg) and have been getting into fig jam lately.

While it may seem "off" at first blush, the flavors actually go together well.
Oh yes, Sweet and Sour profiles are amazing (especially if you add a bit of heat)

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
Lol at patient otstrich eggs. There's a ostrich farm between Tucson and Phoenix they sell the eggs o believe we got one for 20 bucks and made the biggest plate of scrambled eggs id ever seen in my life it feed me and my parents.

• Haha
Reactions: mawnansmiff

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Lol at patient otstrich eggs. There's a ostrich farm between Tucson and Phoenix they sell the eggs o believe we got one for 20 bucks and made the biggest plate of scrambled eggs id ever seen in my life it feed me and my parents.
I really need to try that. I'll make it a point to stop in on my next trip to Phoenix.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Pico de gallo, a few shakes of Tapito sauce and cover with shredded mexican cheese.
I'm not too sure I'll find Mexican cheese here in the quiet backwater that is south west Cornwall but I'll bet it's good stuff.

Tapito sauce however, I see I could get that from Amazon. I'm still enjoying the El Yucateco sauces recommended by Forum member Michael.

Regards,

Jay.