Any Tips for Jazzing up Scrambled Eggs Guys?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I wasn't having a dig chum so nothing to apologise for, but I could have worded it better.

Thing is I usually do my scrambled eggs in a Pyrex dish in the micro (less cleaning up afterwards) so simple additions would be what I'd be tempted to try.

My Tabasco Sriracha Sauce and Sweet and Spicy Hot Chilli Sauce arrived this afternoon and they are really super....I just tried a couple of dabs on a spoon and am really impressed so will be trying those later in the week.

Regards,

Jay.
All good as always - just glad I didn’t go into our recipe for a jalapeño cheese bread and sausage egg casserole! :) ✌️

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Corned Beed Hash with an egg cracked on it. Do northerners do this?
Where do you think you southerners got it from?
Hash originated in New England. I love it on occasion (crispy with lots of black pepper), but it is sadly no longer carried at Dollar Tree.

Do you really cook eggs in a microwave?
My mother used to make two-minute and three-minute eggs in the microwave (just cracked into a mug and season). Do not recommend.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Hash originated in New England. I love it on occasion (crispy with lots of black pepper), but it is sadly no longer carried at Dollar Tree.

My mother used to make two-minute and three-minute eggs in the microwave (just cracked into a mug and season). Do not recommend.
Quite right, in fact September 27th is National Corned Beef Hash Day!

It can be rather nice if done right.

Regards,

Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Still going to try to influence you towards a nice omelette! A medley of jalapeños, onion, cucumber, tomato from the garden with some feta - folded and topped with a little Persian lime infused olive oil. View attachment 236303
Oh I do love a good omelette, one of my favourites is 3 eggs + one extra yolk, pan fried in butter with salt & pepper sprinkled on top, then as soon as I turn it over I drop chopped sun dried tomatoes along with grated mature cheddar then immediately fold it in half and quickly serve on a warmed plate.

Ever so simple but ever so tasty.

Regards,

Jay.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Oh I do love a good omelette, one of my favourites is 3 eggs + one extra yolk, pan fried in butter with salt & pepper sprinkled on top, then as soon as I turn it over I drop chopped sun dried tomatoes along with grated mature cheddar then immediately fold it in half and quickly serve on a warmed plate.

Ever so simple but ever so tasty.

Regards,

Jay.
The wife made me the fluffiest, moist plain old scrambled eggs this morning!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I just made a 3 fried egg sandwich for lunch with garlic powder, onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, mushrooms, a slice of smokehouse cheddar, and served on Kings Hawaiian Bread with mayo. Eating it with a fork. View attachment 236608View attachment 236609View attachment 236610View attachment 236611
A good fried egg sandwich is a beautiful thing. Nicely done.

In Spanglish, Adam Sandler plays a chef who is supposed to make the world's greatest sandwich. It's basically a BLT with fried egg, made at home as a tired chef after a long shift ("created" by Thomas Keller, who is probably my favorite chef).

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
A good fried egg sandwich is a beautiful thing. Nicely done.

In Spanglish, Adam Sandler plays a chef who is supposed to make the world's greatest sandwich. It's basically a BLT with fried egg, made at home as a tired chef after a long shift ("created" by Thomas Keller, who is probably my favorite chef).
Haven't watched that one yet. Will have to add it to the list.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
If talking just eggs, I’ll usually add some milk and whisk them real well, salt and pepper, and then hot sauce.
Kinda boring, but our house hours through quite a bit of Frank’s. Nothing flashy but good stuff.
One of my camp favs that I’ll occasionally make at home too, is a sausage scramble.
Fry up some breakfast sausage with onions and cubed up potatoes. Some fresh garlic, diced but left kinda big, salt and pepper. Once all the stuffs almost done and taters crisped up crack a bunch of eggs in the pan and stir it all up.
Easy way to feed the masses at hold them over till lunch at least !

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Those of us from the Colorado/New Mexico region eat eggs-- and everything else-- smothered in Pork Green Chili. As a kid my mom just bought it in a can (Stokes), but when I moved away I found no one knew what the hell I was talking about, which was weird because we put it on literally everything, so I had to learn to make it. I'm still looking for the best recipe, but that's the work of a lifetime.

pin-Colorado-Pork-Green-Chili.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Well after a recommendation by Forum member Michael aka @cosmicfolklore I tried some El Yucateco green habanero sauce on scrambled eggs last night and they were delicious. I've yet to try the black sauce on food.

It'll take me a while to become fully accustomed to this sauce (plus others of the same brand) as I'm so used to Tabasco but I'm enjoying the ride.

Regards,

Jay.