Any Tips for Jazzing up Scrambled Eggs Guys?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Add a little bit of smoked salmon or trout. Tasty!
Can't believe it took that many posts, where are all my Jew tribe fellows??? I can't speak to trout but scrambled eggs and lox are heaven (super Keto friendly too), i usually just put some butter in a pan, throw the lox in, cook it up a bit, it't will turn more opaque white then in goes the eggs, by now the butter has a smokey salmon thing going on so they eggs really take up the flavor, not too much but just enough. It's quick and easy and a completely different spin on just adding herbs and peppers.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
As a kid, my grandfather made pink eggs that he said had pork brains in them. I had always thought that he was kidding, but it turns out that they were pork brians.

They are extremely tender and tasty, like a very tender ham that just melts in your mouth.
View attachment 234944
There used to be an Indian restaurant in London's Brick Lane that had Egg and Brain Masala on the menu which is pretty much just a spicy version of this

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Looks like a ton of good ideas, good reading!

Plain with salt and pepper topped with good old fashioned American yellow mustard has been my standard since I was about 8 years old. I like them fluffy and just done.

Otherwise, it's an omelet and sky is the limit in terms of how you want to make them. I prefer pickled jalapeños and sautéed onions and orange/yellow peppers (sautéed) and quick seared slices of seasoned beef. A little hot, melted cheese and some sort of hot sauce on top and must have some sour cream sitting on the side.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Looks like a ton of good ideas, good reading!

Plain with salt and pepper topped with good old fashioned American yellow mustard has been my standard since I was about 8 years old. I like them fluffy and just done.

Otherwise, it's an omelet and sky is the limit in terms of how you want to make them. I prefer pickled jalapeños and sautéed onions and orange/yellow peppers (sautéed) and quick seared slices of seasoned beef. A little hot, melted cheese and some sort of hot sauce on top and must have some sour cream sitting on the side.
I deliberately never mentioned omelette in my original post as I specifically wanted tips for scrambled eggs.

Of course, toppings for an omelette could be anything and everything but scrambled eggs not so in my humble opinion. Yes they're very similar in themselves but I don't think that what would suit one would necessarily transfer to the other.

I'll be trying mature cheddar one day and smoked herring (kippers) the other and this new to me sriracha sauce which arrives this afternoon.

So many great ideas to try.....I'll probably asking the Forum for tips on how to cure myself of being bunged up in a few day's time :LOL:

Regards,

Jay.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I scramble a couple of eggs in a bowl and tear up some bread product and maybe add some salt and sugar and vanilla. Let it soak. If I have cooked bacon, I'll sometimes crumble some and add that, and or shredded cheese. Put it in a buttered or bacon fatted small cast iron skillet and into the toaster oven @350 for about a half hour and bingo. My oven shuts after 30 min. unless I program it differently. I find that half hr to be time enough to get a bit of a walk about accomplished with a pipe outside and don't worry about burning.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I deliberately never mentioned omelette in my original post as I specifically wanted tips for scrambled eggs.

Of course, toppings for an omelette could be anything and everything but scrambled eggs not so in my humble opinion. Yes they're very similar in themselves but I don't think that what would suit one would necessarily transfer to the other.

I'll be trying mature cheddar one day and smoked herring (kippers) the other and this new to me sriracha sauce which arrives this afternoon.

So many great ideas to try.....I'll probably asking the Forum for tips on how to cure myself of being bunged up in a few day's time :LOL:

Regards,

Jay.

LOL, sorry I guess.

Omelettes are just scrambled eggs looking for a way to actually incorporate more stuff, but as I said it's just salt, pepper and mustard - more about how they are cooked for me, because scrambled eggs can be dreadful. Heavy cream or sour cream can help when mixing, but those aren't really toppings.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
LOL, sorry I guess.

Omelettes are just scrambled eggs looking for a way to actually incorporate more stuff, but as I said it's just salt, pepper and mustard - more about how they are cooked for me, because scrambled eggs can be dreadful. Heavy cream or sour cream can help when mixing, but those aren't really toppings.
I wasn't having a dig chum so nothing to apologise for, but I could have worded it better.

Thing is I usually do my scrambled eggs in a Pyrex dish in the micro (less cleaning up afterwards) so simple additions would be what I'd be tempted to try.

My Tabasco Sriracha Sauce and Sweet and Spicy Hot Chilli Sauce arrived this afternoon and they are really super....I just tried a couple of dabs on a spoon and am really impressed so will be trying those later in the week.

Regards,

Jay.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
I wasn't having a dig chum so nothing to apologise for, but I could have worded it better.

Thing is I usually do my scrambled eggs in a Pyrex dish in the micro (less cleaning up afterwards) so simple additions would be what I'd be tempted to try.

My Tabasco Sriracha Sauce and Sweet and Spicy Hot Chilli Sauce arrived this afternoon and they are really super....I just tried a couple of dabs on a spoon and am really impressed so will be trying those later in the week.

Regards,

Jay.
Do you really cook eggs in a microwave?