Any Tips for Jazzing up Scrambled Eggs Guys?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I'm quite partial to scrambled eggs, quick and easy to make and quite tasty as they are but I wondered if there are any ways to spice things up a bit.

I always use plenty of ground pepper with salt but recently tried them with Tabasco Green sauce (which I adore) but that didn't seem to work. I've thought about some grated mature cheddar which I may try once my shopping arrives on Monday.

So guys, how do you add that extra zing to your scrambled eggs?

Regards,

Jay.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I love eggs and smother mine. I'll throw in some garlic powder, minced garlic, chopper onion, black olives, mushrooms, and there are two types of cheese I will use. Sometimes I'll pour on some mild salsa and add some sour cream. Sometimes I'll just keep It simple, depending on my cravings.6f05d18e-689b-416c-9415-be89b7ab89ba.339ec9b0560ddd32d3fb503974a0e139.jpegScreenshot_20230722-113554~2.png

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Sure! Dice up some heirloom peppers and sauté them and then add the scrambled eggs. You can also use jalapeños for more kick. Sautéd onions, along with the peppers is great, a little bit of cilantro, a dollop of marinar sauce, hell, even barbeque sauce or Heinz 57 works well, though I generally use the 57 in concert with sour cream for baked potatoes.
Almost forgot the smoked salmon, chopped and stirred into the eggs. Just don't add any more salt.

Last edited:
1. Birds Eye Chilli Pepper - Perfect amount of heat, but can be made even more hot if you desire with more potent peppers (Or mild with Jalapeños)
2. Onions as mentioned earlier - But slightly caramelized
3. A pinch of finely chopped ginger (A tiny bit goes a long way and too much makes it unpleasant)
4. The last one is risky so don’t follow it (But I love it). Unfiltered mustard oil is not considered food grade by US FDA. However I use it instead of butter to add a mild pungency. Maybe a pinch of mustard powder with butter will give the same effect and will be FDA approved, but never tried it

Most others as above

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
sriracha? sambal oelek? gochujang? I could use the latter on anything. I use it to make sauces, in stews, in chili, in marinades, as a dip condiment. gochujang is magical, and it is becoming more and more readily available in standard grocery stores. comes in various heat levels, so do a little research before you purchase. lasts forever in the fridge, too. sriracha is the least interesting of these three, though it is likely the most popular and commonly known.

David D. Davidson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2023
Canada
I like to make toast in a pan with some butter, until it’s nice and crispy - the crustier the bread the better. Then I rub a garlic clove over the toast, grating it on the crags. Scrambled egg on top, with a generous portion of fresh parm and black pepper, it’s great!

I also recently tried out the Gordon Ramsey style scrambled egg, where you’re constantly scrambling over a very low heat with a lot of butter. It makes a really silky, creamy egg that’s great as a treat. Just be advised it uses enough butter to kill your average cardiac patient on the spot.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I'm the heathen that puts ketchup on scrambled eggs (but not other types of eggs).

Add anything more than cheese and it's an omelet. Bake the omelet and it puffs up to become a frittata (or quiche if placed in a flaky crust before baking).

And I have to reference Scotch eggs in any egg thread. Soft to hard boiled eggs wrapped in either a sage or spicy breakfast sausage before being rolled in panko and baked (or fried).

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Liven up Scrambled Eggs? Then the answer is SMOKED SALMON

Mrs TL prefers to have a slice or three of smoked salmon on the side of scrambled eggs. Personally I recommend chopping up the smoked salmon into smallish (1cm squares) and cooking it with the scrambled eggs; season with fresh ground black pepper to taste.

Damn; I'll now have to go out and buy some smoked salmon for breakfast :oops: