PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I can add a few more to this litany of horror. You missed out on Mellow Virginia, obviously Clan, Captain Monochromatic Grape, anything that has the words vanilla, run, whisky in no particular order followed by an advertisement featuring a suitably retreaded Swedish individual engaged in sort of nautical theme.

Reactions: philobeddoe

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
1792 Flake was the blend I hated the most, and I gave it a good try. I’m very happy to say that it’s not for me. TIRE FIRE

In the “really?” category for me was Autumn Evening. On its own, I just can’t smoke it. It’s way to treacly sweet, but I love it as a blender. A good pinch goes very well with my favorite base burley, PS 702

subsalac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 9, 2018
I really, really wanted to like, if not love, H&H Anniversary Kake but... it was simply awful. The tobacco felt like the cheapest low quality floor sweepings I've encountered, absolutely drenched in some kind of artificial topping. Few ounces had dust and dirt rolled up into the cut at random leaves(some leaves were dust, others were the size of a basil leaf, and everything in between). Hot, wet, bitey, saturated in humectant.

I want to believe it was just a bad batch and want to confirm this one day and find some in a box pass or something, but this was so bad I am now traumatized from trying anything else H&H.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
I may take a bit of flak here but I found a tin of Ennerdale Flake at a B&M and I was not able to choke down a bowl of it. It has been sitting in a jar hidden out of sight and mind since.
I liked i when i tried it, but there are other lakelands i prefer, like dark flake or bosuns cut plug. The only thing i dont like about them is that they mark a pipe or storage container nearly past the point of redemption.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I really, really wanted to like, if not love, H&H Anniversary Kake but... it was simply awful. The tobacco felt like the cheapest low quality floor sweepings I've encountered, absolutely drenched in some kind of artificial topping. Few ounces had dust and dirt rolled up into the cut at random leaves(some leaves were dust, others were the size of a basil leaf, and everything in between). Hot, wet, bitey, saturated in humectant.

I want to believe it was just a bad batch and want to confirm this one day and find some in a box pass or something, but this was so bad I am now traumatized from trying anything else H&H.
No it sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.