PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I like the flavor of 1792.... it's just WAYYY to strong for me.
My 1792 pipe.

004-001-6602.jpg

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
This is easy - SG 1792 Flake. Nastiest stuff I've ever tasted. This review from the TR site sums it up perfectly;
...This stuff is as foul as anything I have ever encountered. It should have been named, "Smell My Finger".
?

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
I tried Mixture 79 just to see what all the fuss is about. I really like the licorice/anisette in Bengal Slices and Ramsgate so it had a fair chance with me. It sucked. The pouch went in the can after the first bowl. No need to sample it further.

• Haha
Reactions: Elric and renfield

sumusfumus

Jul 20, 2017
New York City
Latakia......evokes: burnt feathers, scorched hair- leather, creosote, roofing tar...... Just can't deal with the smell of too much Latakia, either smoked or unsmoked....

Many years ago I was a member of the New York Pipe Club, back when Sailor Man Jack was Prez. He smoked a very strong Lat-bomb blend, loaded with cigar-leaf. Once the room got incensed by Jack's smoke....nothing else could be sniffed or identified by the nostrils. Not the food, not any other tobacco blends, nothing. :))

RIP Jack. Smoke in peace.

Reactions: BROBS

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
People rave about GL Pease Filmore. I have never tasted anything so nondescript and without character in a pipe. I kept trying it -- in different pipes -- in different preparations. Could not get any flavor out of it whatsoever. Heave-Ho.
Just opened a tin with 11 months of age on it. I absolutely love it! To each their own.

mityahicks

Nov 18, 2018
I've been revisiting G&H Curly Cut Regular Sliced and I have yet to enjoy a bowl of it. Thankfully, I bought a small sample and I'll just try again in a year or two.

Bland a blend as I've come across.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Apparently there is only about a week a month when you should be smoking Holly's Non Plus Ultra, its just a matter of following the lunar calendar. Also if you want to give it wings just add a hint of red virginia.

• Haha
Reactions: BROBS

okiematt

Lurker
Mar 28, 2019
Oklahoma
Royal Yuck. I've said it before and I'll say it again. That stuff is grim, burns too hot and tastes like you've sucked the fart out of a constipated swan. I would rather have may ball sack stapled to the floor whilst being buggered by a gnome wearing a barbed wire condom than smoke that stuff.

If I were a millennial (no offense, millennials) I'd be triggered and look for a safe space. But I'm not...I guess I'm just a big fan of constipated swan farts. Go Royal Yacht!!

Status
Not open for further replies.