Who has Smoked Cornell and Diehl Anthology 1992-2022?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What can you do to Va/Per that hasn't already been done? From the description on SP's tobacco pages, it appears a variety of Virginias are used in addition to Perique sourced from a single tobacco farm ... if I have that correct. So it is a Va/Per with claims of having a particularly selective array of Virginias and Perique to match. I guess that is where the "anthology" name comes from, with the multiple Virginias.

Jeremy Reeves does interesting blends. I'm devoted to C&D's use of burley that predates Jeremy's arrival after the move to South Carolina. I would expect a somewhat elevated take on the expansive genre of Va/Per blends. No, I haven't smoked it, and have no plans to order it, with so many blends on hand relatively to my pipe tobacco use.

Ebarber

Can't Leave
Mar 11, 2020
Newark, Ohio
I've now had a bowl of it. It's good but I expect it to get better after a little rest in the jar. It has been my experience, a C&D blend after opening a tin gets a lot better with just a week or 2 of rest in the jar. I'm going to try a few more bowls in different pipes today and then let it rest for a week or 2 and revisit. This was also my experience with CRP w/p. It was a little disappointing at first but is now phenomenal in my opinion.

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
According to the tracking website, mine made it to Denver on Thursday night. And there it sits. Really kinda expected it on Friday. It’s telling me Monday now. I like reading the first impressions on here though, as I patiently wait….
One of the many benefits of moving from Nevada to Kentucky, my SP orders are delivered in half the time.

Feb 12, 2022
North Georgia mountains.
I've now had a bowl of it. It's good but I expect it to get better after a little rest in the jar. It has been my experience, a C&D blend after opening a tin gets a lot better with just a week or 2 of rest in the jar. I'm going to try a few more bowls in different pipes today and then let it rest for a week or 2 and revisit. This was also my experience with CRP w/p. It was a little disappointing at first but is now phenomenal in my opinion.
Yup. Any time I open a new C&D, I pack a bowl to smoke then jar it and forget about it for a few weeks before smoking again.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Hmmm.... interesting. English PRICK translates to French PIQUER.
Certainly the farmer Pierre Chenet, from Louisiana is credited with Perique tobacco, 1824. Perhaps his workers decided to call him a prick due to the labor intensive methods of producing the Perique.
Mon Dieu, that guy Chenet is a real prick!

Actually, I was trying to make a pun, from what I said. As in it, "PERIQUED my interest". From PIQUE and PERIQUE.nnnn
I thank you!

Wyomingpiper

Lurker
Aug 1, 2021
Wyoming
I just got some today, and it's very good in my opinion straight out of the can. As others have noted, I find that a couple weeks after opening is usually better than fresh from the tin.

Jim explained how he reviews tobacco, not by how much he personally likes a blend, but how it compares to others in the same genre. That's what I figured, and why I always try to read his reviews before buying a tobacco. I have a question for Jim if you read this.

I'm always in search of more tobacco to try, and considering you gave it 3 stars, there must be something in the same genre that you consider better, and I would love to know what that might be so I can try it myself.
Also, do you consider the new C&D perique to be extra special, or more of a gimmick. Apologies if this is slightly of topic, or the wrong thread to post these questions. Thanks!

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
Country Squire has some. Just FYI
Thank you Aces for putting a dent in my wallet. Your a true gent, but in all seriousness thank you. Never would have thought Country Squire but hey even though it was a couple dollors more from them I was able to get 5 tins for 75 bucks with taxes and shipping. Which I was happy to pay. Thanks for the heads up man.

I had about three bowls of it yesterday. I think everyone, especially jiminks hit the nail on the head, so all I can add is that it is very smooth, not as tangy as I expected a red to be. It does come very wet, so I had to force the water out with my coffee mug warmer, as I usually have t do with most blends. I don't imagine that age will do much more to it, as it is already very mellow and sweet... maybe a stewed flavor might come about My recommendation is just smoke it, and maybe keep a few back for aging.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
I had about three bowls of it yesterday. I think everyone, especially jiminks hit the nail on the head, so all I can add is that it is very smooth, not as tangy as I expected a red to be. It does come very wet, so I had to force the water out with my coffee mug warmer, as I usually have t do with most blends. I don't imagine that age will do much more to it, as it is already very mellow and sweet... maybe a stewed flavor might come about My recommendation is just smoke it, and maybe keep a few back for aging.
When I receive mine, I'll keep it until the fall to smoke, based on what you say that it comes very wet. The relative humidity will have dissipated by then, so should make drying it out and smoking it easier.
Thanks Cosmic. puffy