Who has Smoked Cornell and Diehl Anthology 1992-2022?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
3 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
3 Fresh Bill Shalosky Pipes
9 Fresh Estate Pipes
9 Fresh Kai Nielsen Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Swiss Army Knife

Can't Leave
Jul 12, 2021
North Carolina
I'm not a huge fan of their regular VA catalogue, it's perfectly fine tobacco and likely ages well but so does everything else. But it's priced to sell and is readily available pretty much all the time so I can't really complain.

Their small batch stuff has all been great to my palate. Folklore especially was a recent stand out. Still, I passed on Anthology because I've already got a lot of random tobaccos and in focusing more on cellar depth than breadth at this point.

Either way I don't see why you'd assume this was going to be a bum release. Components all look good, a lack of serial numbers doesn't mean much seeing as plenty of glorified limited releases of the past lacked them as well.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Unfortunately, this is the case with many things these days.
I see it as most people have a shot at getting their hands on the blends, I mean sour grapes if you aren't making a half-assed effort. I think it's good for the consumers and companies. People don't need to purchase it on the secondary market unless they smoke through the amounts they bought on release. Certain things are always out of the control of the consumers and dictated by supply and demand.

Sure it's a gamble that you won't like it once you try it, but that's true of all new blends or even established blends that are new to the smoker. It is what it is.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
There’s enough here that interests me, so I ordered a few tins. I’m interested precisely because I am familiar with these components, and excited by them being combined in a new blend. I’m a big fan of Bijou, so anything they do with that red sounds good to me. I’ve been smoking a lot of recent GLP Telegraph and Windjammer, and both have the same perique that’s used in this blend. I’ve only had a few bowls of the CRF with the tips grade Va, so I’m not too familiar with that, but it’s obviously quality. Take that altogether with Jeremy Reeves’ assertion that this is lighter in body than a typical C&D or Pease blend, that’s all unique and new enough to me to take a chance on a few tins.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I saw this Tuesday night and sold out before I could buy some. But I'm more excited for the new birds of a feather release at the the end of this month. I'll buy 10 tins of that and trade a couple for this and then I'll be a happy camper.

Reactions: UncleRasta

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
Judging from recent C&D limited releases, its going to be very very good. After the high bar set by the last Carolina Red limited release, they wouldn't want to disappoint. Shane was obviously blown away by this blend on the recent Youtube video, which is something you don't see very often.
The limited nature of the release is certainly not a scam. The components are from specific crops and they are in limited supply. Whiskey drinkers are very familiar and comfortable with this concept. Its a great way to release high grades of tobacco. Other blenders such as McClelland, MacBaran and Sutliff also made this concept work.
Great to hear! Glad this isn’t just standard leaf. I read a couple posts on here that gave me pause and brought about my questions. I did go ahead and purchase a few tins and am looking forward to trying it out!

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of their regular VA catalogue, it's perfectly fine tobacco and likely ages well but so does everything else. But it's priced to sell and is readily available pretty much all the time so I can't really complain.

Their small batch stuff has all been great to my palate. Folklore especially was a recent stand out. Still, I passed on Anthology because I've already got a lot of random tobaccos and in focusing more on cellar depth than breadth at this point.

Either way I don't see why you'd assume this was going to be a bum release. Components all look good, a lack of serial numbers doesn't mean much seeing as plenty of glorified limited releases of the past lacked them as well.

excellent! I read a few posts on here which is what brought on my questions. Hearing from community members that this is quality leaf is all I need to hear. Thank you!

Jun 23, 2019
Judging from recent C&D limited releases, its going to be very very good. After the high bar set by the last Carolina Red limited release, they wouldn't want to disappoint. Shane was obviously blown away by this blend on the recent Youtube video, which is something you don't see very often.
The limited nature of the release is certainly not a scam. The components are from specific crops and they are in limited supply. Whiskey drinkers are very familiar and comfortable with this concept. Its a great way to release high grades of tobacco. Other blenders such as McClelland, MacBaran and Sutliff also made this concept work.

The VP of the company that owns C&D likes the new 125% premium price point blend? You don't say... :ROFLMAO: