PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland - it used to be known as "Auld Reekie" because of the palls of smoke in the Old Town at a time when it was densely populated and everyone burned coal - not because of pipe smoke alas.
"Lang may your lum reek"

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. About 25 minutes outside of Toronto, 4th largest city in North America.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. The city that rhymes with fun in the Province that is hard to spell and easy to draw. Saskatchewan has a total area of 651,900 square kilometers with a population of 1,033,381 souls. If you compare the size of Saskatchewan to the country of Sweden, Saskatchewan is 1.4 times larger, 16.4 times larger then Switzerland, 2.8 times larger then Great Britain and about the same size as the State of Texas. Population wise, Sweden has 9 times more people then Saskatchewan, Switzerland 7.4 times, Great Britain 59 times more and Texas 24 times.

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Tupelo, MS - birthplace of The King of Rock and Roll - Elvis Presley.

stiivn

Lurker
Mar 12, 2014
I live in Järvenpää Finland. I dislike the place for its mediocrity and corrupt municipal governance. Here is a photo of the main shopping street from which almost all the shops have fled. At the weekends, rival gangs arrive from neighbouring towns to fight the locals.
02_big.jpg

smokeybiker

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
I live in Worcester, just South of Birmingham which is in the Midlands, UK. It's a lovely area, far enough away from Birmingham to be surrounded by beautiful countryside, but close enough to visit for shopping etc.
It's also close-ish to the Welsh border which is great for nipping into Wales to ride my motorbike, camp and go hiking up mountains.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Mexico City
I’m a Canadian living here for the past 12 years.

It’s been good to me, but really sucks if you’re a pipe smoker. The closest thing I can find to pipe tobacco is some contraband Captain Black and Prince Albert. I wish the smugglers could at least learn a little more about the baccy.
Dot
P.S. Great thread Parker

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Newport, South Wales, UK. Which is a city which looks like it's had the guts pulled out of it. It's not known for being all that friendly either if I am honest. I'm lucky though. My part of town really is very nice and only a few minutes walk to the train station which means I can be in Cardiff within 10 minutes.
It's hard to believe Cardiff is as close as it is. It's a nice modern city these days with a lot to offer. A stark contrast to this place. I would show you a picture of some parts of this city but I am afraid it may drive down my property value :lol:

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Beaumaris, North Wales. It's pretty but dull. Not a tobacconist from here to Chester. And it rains a lot. Good sailing though.

meatballj

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
This is pretty much to make Salmonfisher and any other flyfisherman out there a little jealous. I grew up on the Little Northwest Miramichi River in New Brunswick Canada and now live in Doaktown on the main SW Miramichi River. Country life, quiet and beautiful. My front porch affords me wonderful views while smoking my pipe; however…its a little more snow white than this right now.

home-600x326.jpg

dacor

Lurker
Mar 29, 2014
Québec, Canada
I am from Baie-Comeau, a small town of 25'000 souls on the north shore of the St-Lawrence River, in Quebec, Canada:
le_manoir202.jpg

But I'm actually living in Québec City for the time of my academic life:
9767e5e0-49bf-45ad-a84b-d45ba44b9453quebeccity-600x377.jpg

kendodan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 22, 2013
I have lived in Okayama, Japan for about three years. It's between Osaka and Hiroshima. Came here mostly for Kendo but I teach English. I started smoking a pipe here as well. I will always call Cincinnati, Ohio home though.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I grew up in Boston, moved to Rhode Island in 1990, moved to my final stop Sarasota Florida in 2003. I live 7.5 miles from the number 1 ranked beach in the country, Siesta Key Beach.

I live in a development called the Isles, it is like living in a country club.

http://islesofsarasota.com/
I have always loved Florida since I was a kid and it was a dream come true being able to move here full time.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Greetings from Great Falls, Virginia. Sounds like it might be incredibly rustic but it is just across the Potomac River from Washington, DC. Pretty falls, lovely countryside and beautiful Spring, if it every gets here...

Status
Not open for further replies.