PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Yep. I get an overly unpleasant tangy apple cider vinegar from both those blends. Even the tin note makes we want to spew. I know they are well received by others, but they just don’t work for me. Bare in mind, I haven’t tried either with decent age. But the placebo and memory is too strong
That was my first impression of Aj's VaPer when it was fresh so I shoved the pound to the back of my cupboard with the intention of using it as a mixer.

3-4 years later I tried a bowl and the difference was amazing.
It's one of my favourite non-aromatics.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Borkum Riff Whiskey. It's horribleness lives in my head like a gremlin.

Once, at a music party, a fellow musician was smoking a pipe. He was new, and had a pouch of Borkum Riff Whiskey. I tried it, and it was miserable. I told him that that's why he doesn't like smoking a pipe much,he's smoking the worst possible. He then asked,

"What do you do about the juice?"
I said, "The juice?"
"Yeah. The juice that comes out of the pipe while you're smoking."

???

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I had thought that Celephais was the absolute strangest and worse blend I've ever tried.
Grape Kool aid mixed with grape pixie stick.....then I smoked more of it...and more of it..... Just to be certain of it's terribleness...
Two terrible tins later.... I've ordered another four.

Tobacco is like motorcycles for me. I've never met one I didn't enjoy
I had a similar experience with that one.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
The biggest letdown I ever had from a blend of tobacco was with Sir Walter Raleigh.

Maybe I had built it up a little bit too much; SWR was what my grandfather smoked nearly his entire life. I wanted to smoke it because he did.. I hadn't quite developed my tastes yet & I hadn't quite refined my skills yet when it came to smoking a pipe. I smoked half the bowl and was disgusted, threw the rest of the pouch away, sure that I had either gotten a bad batch or Grandpa was horribly wrong. I haven't touched the stuff since.

That being said, it's been about 20 years years since that day and I just ordered a pouch from SPC. I'm going to give it another go.

Home Brewing Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I've only been smoking since May so my palate is rather underdeveloped. When I started, I asked my dad what he smoked back in the 60s. He didn't remember the brand but it was something cherry. So I picked up some Lane Very Cherry. It tasted like Ludens cough drops from the 80s. I've only had one bowl.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've only been smoking since May so my palate is rather underdeveloped. When I started, I asked my dad what he smoked back in the 60s. He didn't remember the brand but it was something cherry. So I picked up some Lane Very Cherry. It tasted like Ludens cough drops from the 80s. I've only had one bowl.
Cherry blends lead to memory loss.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Cornell & Diehl Port-a-Potty Peach. Wet or dry, it tasted like shit.

Caminetto Barolo was just awful. This is my TR review on it.

"Normally I like to write longer reviews but this blend doesn't deserve it. It's aweful, truly aweful. You know how when you go in to the men's room and smell that aweful cherry disinfectant? I'm pretty sure that's what they are using to flavor this. The smell is there but I keep wanting to scrub my mouth out with a toilet brush just to improve the hideous taste this leaves behind. A toilet brush could only be an improvement over this. This not only has no cherry taste to it or tobacco taste to it, but it has no earthly taste to it. I think it's demonic. I pray that those who will go to hell are not punished with having this taste in their mouths for all of eternity. I am also hoping it will come out of my pipe."