Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

myhyeung

Lurker
Aug 9, 2021
Hongkong
Not the worst tobacco you've tried, obviously you could dry out a good blend or leave it in the kitchen cupboard for a month and make it disgusting. I mean what's the worst blend you've tried from a decent brand/blender, smoked it the way it's meant to be smoked, but simply found the blend abhorrent and couldn't finish it. Mine must be the Samuel Gawith Black XX, apparently a classic for both chewers and smokers, but I just couldn't make it work, it smelled like ammonia/piss no matter what I do and after countless attempts of prepping and infinite relights I started questioning the purpose of pipe smoking . Tried mixing this with other blends to smooth it out, it got even worse. So whats yours?
1633368166967.png
(no offense to any fans of this blend, you'd probably hate some blends that I love hehe)

Bluemonter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
I had thought that Celephais was the absolute strangest and worse blend I've ever tried.
Grape Kool aid mixed with grape pixie stick.....then I smoked more of it...and more of it..... Just to be certain of it's terribleness...
Two terrible tins later.... I've ordered another four.

Tobacco is like motorcycles for me. I've never met one I didn't enjoy

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
anything laden with P.G. like Captain Black. In fact the Seven Seas blends back my statement up. Love those blends even if they're genericise aros. They just don't have that gross chemical taste that me and some others get from too much P.G.. I remember trying Captain Black and being so excited because I always loved the room note, and while there was a taste I did like it was ruined by that P.G. note.
Otherwise then those types I've found that I pretty much like most tobacco and most of my least favorites are enjoyed but go on the list of no reason to ever buy again. It's mostly a why would I smoke this when there are so many blends I can enjoy all that much more. Ashton Rainy Day for example I enjoyed the tin of that I bought however why would I buy it again if I can buy University Flake or Gold Rush?

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Crooner. Hated it so bad I was going to dump it in the flowerbeds after a single (partial) bowl. A friend wanted to try it though so I gave it to him. A few puffs later he gave it back and it got spread over the Shasta Daisies to prevent bugs. It’s actually quite amusing watching dozens of aphids trying to lick their own asses to get the bad taste out of their mouths. I know some people like it but I’m not one of them. (Neither were the aphids apparently.)