PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I hooked this trout last week at a really tiny local lake (more like a pond) and I wasn't expecting to hook into anything big there, so I didn't bring my net with me. I could only hope to tire it out and try to gently bring it up on the bank, but during the fight the hook pulled free.

I went back to the same lake on Saturday and managed to hook the same big trout again, and this time I had my net with me! The photos tell the rest.

8E9CF475-DD87-4A0E-BB30-F2F0246250C8.jpegE969E99F-F9FD-4DA7-9749-0CED19342986.jpegE74836A4-B4E2-4340-A982-6126BCBF477A.jpeg69EDA426-D874-4484-BD24-3A611D53C95D.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Lazy man's eggplant parmesan.

View attachment 211440
What is lazy about it?

I like melanzane, which is eggplant slices that are lightly fried in an herbal egg batter and then stacked with various cheeses and sauce in between the layers while topped with mozzarella and baked until brown and bubbly.

A lazier way would be appreciated (seriously) since the egg batter is time consuming and messy (but worth it and good with fish as well).

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
What is lazy about it?

I like melanzane, which is eggplant slices that are lightly fried in an herbal egg batter and then stacked with various cheeses and sauce in between the layers while topped with mozzarella and baked until brown and bubbly.

A lazier way would be appreciated (seriously) since the egg batter is time consuming and messy (but worth it and good with fish as well).
I don't fry my eggplant. Coat them in olive oil, breadcrumb, garlic, salt and pepper and bake it. No fryer. Then just stack 'em with tomato gravy, and cheese. Never got a fryer for some reason.

I don't fry my eggplant. Coat them in olive oil, breadcrumb, garlic, salt and pepper and bake it. No fryer. Then just stack 'em with tomato gravy, and cheese. Never got a fryer for some reason.
We use an air fryer for our chicken parm. Im not an eggplant fan and the few times i had eggplant parm that was fried it was like eating a sponge soaked with oil. Yours plated out looks perfect

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I'm sure some of you have had the urge to mix together 2 left-overs 1 might not ordinarily think to do. Did that tonight. Had left-over potatoes au gratin to which I'd added ground beef and then dosed with crushed red pepper and I had left-over tangy barbequed beans. So, mixed them together and heated it. Mighty fine spicy left-over discovery.

F

fMf Piper

Homemade pizza tonight. Unleavened crust with tyme and garlic. Topped with olive oil, red pepper flakes, onion, mushroom, black olives, Impossible burger, blue cheese, mozzarella (shredded and fresh), cheddar, and Parmesan.

IMG_0900.jpgIMG_0904.jpg

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Smoked a brisket today. Flavor and tenderness were good, still a touch dry. I’m thinking at this point the problem is the quality of the meat. We get home-grown beef from my father-in-law. It’s delicious, but it is a bit lean. His are the only briskets I’ve ever done. Might have to hit the butcher shop. See if I get better results from one of theirs.