What is the Worst Pipe Tobacco You have ever Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
On Sunday nights, I tend to just play on my phone and research random things. Today I was researching the famous Toscanello Cigarillos and found myself watching a cigar review. In this particular episode, a popular set of dudes reviewed a 40 cigar bundle that was on sale for $30. At the end they all agreed they were all pretty terrible. They wanted to know what the worst cigar you ever smoked.

I am tweaking their question and want to know from you guys, what is the worst pipe blend you have ever smoked?

I will go first: C&D Yorktown! Now to be fair, I am a huge fan of Pirate Kake (sic), Star of the East and their Christmas blends. However, Yorktown takes the trophy as the worst pipe tobacco I have ever smoked.

Your turn...
what's wrong with Yorktown? Or more specifically what happened to your tongue?

Captain Black, A Brick and Mortar blend
I don't even understand. A brick in mortar is going to sell the tobaccos that we all talk about on here. Or, did you mean a convenient store blend. Or, maybe you have a terrible B&M.

Have I posted on here yet? If not, Mixture 79 and anything cherry. Cherry, even when it actually tastes like cherry, it sucks, and when it doesn't, it sucks. I like cherry in most other things, just not in my smokes.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I don't even understand. A brick in mortar is going to sell the tobaccos that we all talk about on here. Or, did you mean a convenient store blend. Or, maybe you have a terrible B&M.

Have I posted on here yet? If not, Mixture 79 and anything cherry. Cherry, even when it actually tastes like cherry, it sucks, and when it doesn't, it sucks. I like cherry in most other things, just not in my smokes.
yeah I hate cherry pipe tobacco never had one I like. The Brick and Mortar blend was kind of indescribable it somehow tasted of war crimes. Most of their stuff was pretty good actually. But that one wasn't.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Also, I’d been looking to try Yorktown, why is it the worst to you?
My friend and fellow forum member tried Yorktown together after a nice summer BBQ and we both had the same reaction to it. It was a hot, goopy, flavorless, $#!+ flavored vapor inside of a pipe tobacco tin. It was a whole lot of hot nothingness and a waste of a try. I donated it to my LBM where it has sat for over a year with few takers.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
He's still in his English phase. Straight Virginias aren't going to register well and taste is terribly subjective. I love Yorktown but I'm more of a regular Virginia smoker.

From the OP:

"Now to be fair, I am a huge fan of Pirate Kake (sic), Star of the East"
You are not wrong on my english phase. However, there are plenty of straight virginias I enjoy, just could not find anything positive about yorktown.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Oh gawd, yes. Holly's is a crime against humanity.

Germain's version of Balkan Sobranie is a close second. How anybody with a functioning sense of taste and/or smell, can smoke that mixture redolent of puppy farts and gasoline and not devolve into a steaming pile of bleeding pustulence defies the laws of physics.
Tell us how you really feel... ?

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio

I am tweaking their question and want to know from you guys, what is the worst pipe blend you have ever smoked?

I will go first: C&D Yorktown! Now to be fair, I am a huge fan of Pirate Kake (sic), Star of the East and their Christmas blends. However, Yorktown takes the trophy as the worst pipe tobacco I have ever smoked.

Your turn...
Whoa whoa whoa there. Yorktown is amazing. Your tasters are broken.

If you want garbage, Borkum Riff whiskey is pure trash.