What is the Worst Pipe Tobacco You have ever Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
am tweaking their question and want to know from you guys, what is the worst pipe blend you have ever smoked?

I will go first: C&D Yorktown! Now to be fair, I am a huge fan of Pirate Kake (sic), Star of the East and their Christmas blends. However, Yorktown takes the trophy as the worst pipe tobacco I have ever smoked.
Pretty much anything C&D makes that isn't Yorktown or Bijou.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
On Sunday nights, I tend to just play on my phone and research random things. Today I was researching the famous Toscanello Cigarillos and found myself watching a cigar review. In this particular episode, a popular set of dudes reviewed a 40 cigar bundle that was on sale for $30. At the end they all agreed they were all pretty terrible. They wanted to know what the worst cigar you ever smoked.

I am tweaking their question and want to know from you guys, what is the worst pipe blend you have ever smoked?

I will go first: C&D Yorktown! Now to be fair, I am a huge fan of Pirate Kake (sic), Star of the East and their Christmas blends. However, Yorktown takes the trophy as the worst pipe tobacco I have ever smoked.

Your turn...

Also, I’d been looking to try Yorktown, why is it the worst to you?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Also, I’d been looking to try Yorktown, why is it the worst to you?
He's still in his English phase. Straight Virginias aren't going to register well and taste is terribly subjective. I love Yorktown but I'm more of a regular Virginia smoker.

From the OP:

"Now to be fair, I am a huge fan of Pirate Kake (sic), Star of the East"

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Apparently I like several that others don't. I bought a pouch of Sir Walter Raleigh regular at a gas station in Missouri, along with a cob, and the tobacco I simply couldn't taste. It was a real blank. I enjoyed going through the motions, better than nothing, but taste-wise, it just wasn't there.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Holly’s Non-Plus Ultra.....just vile.
Oh gawd, yes. Holly's is a crime against humanity.

Germain's version of Balkan Sobranie is a close second. How anybody with a functioning sense of taste and/or smell, can smoke that mixture redolent of puppy farts and gasoline and not devolve into a steaming pile of bleeding pustulence defies the laws of physics.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Any overly topped sprayed on artificial anything just rubs my fur the wrong way.

It’s like watching someone being served fine restaurant coffee and tearing open some powdered, artificially flavored packet of chemicals to ruin it.

The list for me would be a long one. But most recently, I took two puffs (one too many) of Edward G Robinson and mailed it off to a “friend”.

Same sickly sweet “marshmallow” flavor I get from Captain Black and it’s ilk.

Sorry Sherm. Glad you like it. You still Smoke Dirty Pipes.