What is the Worst Pipe Tobacco You have ever Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Exactly, it was just an over heated cow fart. As I go through this I see that some blends that others hate I tend to like. Firedance is a pleasant smoke for me but makes others puke their pants. ?? I don’t know why it did not agree with me but I can’t stand it.
that's weird. Something sounds up with that. Like you sure you didn't get a contaminated tin or something.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Germain's version of Balkan Sobranie is a close second. How anybody with a functioning sense of taste and/or smell, can smoke that mixture redolent of puppy farts and gasoline and not devolve into a steaming pile of bleeding pustulence defies the laws of physics.
I agree. I never had the real deal, but I did shell out $40 for a tin at a B&M a few years ago and was anticipating it. It has a hint of a hint of oriental flavor, the rest is stale air with a puff of fart. I’m convinced it’s an inside joke. Not the worst I’ve ever smoked (That is, without doubt, Borkum Riff Whiskey), but definitely the most over-hyped blend in existence.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
that's weird. Something sounds up with that. Like you sure you didn't get a contaminated tin or something.
I have heard of moldy or contaminated tins and maybe that is what happened here. However, that will be the only Yorktown tin I will ever buy. There are so many other great blends that it seems unwise to waste my time and give this a second chance. Usually a full tin is enough for me to know if I will like it or not, but in this instance, one bowl was enough.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I agree. I never had the real deal, but I did shell out $40 for a tin at a B&M a few years ago and was anticipating it. It has a hint of a hint of oriental flavor, the rest is stale air with a puff of fart. I’m convinced it’s an inside joke. Not the worst I’ve ever smoked (That is, without doubt, Borkum Riff Whiskey), but definitely the most over-hyped blend in existence.
I had plenty of the real deal in the '70's and '80's. This stuff ain't it.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I'm going to second @beefeater33 and cast my vote for C&D Autumn Evening, although Peterson Nutty Cut only loses by a nose here, IMHO. Both of them to me tasted like I was smoking a watered down Torani syrup mixed evenly with transmission fluid, garnished lightly with Henry's roofing tar. Meanwhile, my beloved Drew Estate blends are all discontinued, yet these vile tastebud torturers continue to exist. For shame.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The absolute worst I have ever smoked was Samuel Gawith Firedance Flake. It tasted like I puked in my mouth. I never knew a tobacco could actually taste that vile. I threw that shit in the trash right away. I wouldn't even give it away and make some poor schmuck try and get a good smoke from it.
Harris,

Tell us how you really feel. Stop holding back.

archerdarkpint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2010
Anything with coconut flavor. Then again, Firedance Flake was fairly vile too. Tried to dilute with some Prince Albert. No amount, nor heavy hand could overwhelm or neutralize that beyond-awful contamination. It didn't ghost, it infested, took up residence, died and lingered, and then carried on some more.

Reactions: JOHN72

Infantry23

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 8, 2020
Smithsburg, Maryland
I hate to pile on, but Yorktown was not very impressive to me. I won't say I "hated" it, but it just did not have any flavoring other than cigarette to my taste buds. I only tried it once but have no desire to rush back anytime soon. However, maybe I need to try a different bowl shape or something.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Sutliff creme brûlée, followed closely by lane 1q. Also I had to give away my last pouch of half and half as all I could taste was the preservatives, that was yuck. However I used to enjoy the blend in the past
Whatever preservative is in Half & Half is the same in Autum Evening. I could taste them in both and these two blends are the only blends I've tasted it in so far. For me it was a distinct taste of celery seed. A lot of people enjoy these offerings and I'm glad. They're just not for me.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I have the match from Sutliff. Not saying that it compares to the original, but it's a decent blend on its own. I think it's better than the re release.

Reactions: JOHN72

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
I agree with some others about cherry blends in general, and Middleton's Cherry in particular. Sawdust sprinkled with ground up Luden's cherry cough drops.

Worst of all, though, was Stokkebye Peaches and Cream. I wanted to find a tobacco with a nice peach essence. This is not it. It has a strong artificial peach scent reminiscent of scratch-n-sniff. Smokes like a shredded diaper.

elasmo

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2019
For me, SG Grousemoor. Someone gave me a sample thankfully (so I didn't waste much of it and didn't waste any money on it)...Tossed it out mid-bowl so I wouldn't ghost my pipe too badly.

• Wow
Reactions: timelord