What is the Worst Pipe Tobacco You have ever Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
The new version of Gold Schlock Block. Again another tobacco that tasted like smoking a fart. I know I shouldn't say it since I am partially responsible for bringing it to life but War Horse Green is pretty 'different' in a 'Special Ed' kind of way. Other offensive blends include Captain Monochromatic and its various flavored derivatives. Don't even get me started on Condor Blue, thankfully now extinct. If that was the acme of Gallaghers tobacco engineering then they created a tobacco by putting a pouch of Condor RR through a hot rinse cycle with a bunch of heavy work denims to produce a flavorless product.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Royal Yuck. I would rather have my ball sack stapled to the floor by a rivet gun whilst being ar*e f*cked without a reach around by a bisexual garden gnome wearing a barbed wire condom then ever smoke that stuff again. It has a flavor that resembles the imagined taste of sucking the farts out of a swan. A close second would be Clan which is just so unpleasant I doubt even Jim Inks would smoke the stuff!
you didn't like it then?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Harris,

Tell us how you really feel. Stop holding back.
Jesse, I wish someone was home so they could get a pic of my face. It was half shock and half revulsion that an SG blend could ever taste that bad. I should have hyped it as great and then sent out a bunch of samples. That would been good for a laugh. WIsh I thought of it. I especially would have liked to see your reaction.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Wow! So many blends I really like getting the hell trashed out of them ... I love this thread! :LOL:

I‘m like that goat that’ll eat just about anything; though I know a good blend when I smoke one, there are few I truly dislike. Remember ... I’ve admitted indulging in the occasional gas station cigar.

However ...

I’ve made a couple attempts to try Borkum Riff Whiskey ... nope, it’s not me, it’s bad smoke. And although I kind of like Captain Black White once in a great while, and I’m a sucker for a good (and bad) cherry tobacco on occasion, Captain Black Cherry is fucking awful! Horrible, horrible stuff. I also ended up dumping some Peter Stokkebye Mango I tried out. Tangy mango? No ... just sour. Even with the pleasant room note it wasn’t worth keeping.

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Haddo’s Delight is miserable
That settles it; one tub of Haddo's Delight removed from my cellar and put in my bag and I'll smoke some during my morning walk (not walking; about half way through my walk I stop, smoke and read a book - or watch the world walking past which can be quite nice in these parts on a hot day [which is forecast to be]).

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
That settles it; one tub of Haddo's Delight removed from my cellar and put in my bag and I'll smoke some during my morning walk (not walking; about half way through my walk I stop, smoke and read a book - or watch the world walking past which can be quite nice in these parts on a hot day [which is forecast to be]).
Right; for my sojurn under a tree whilst out and about this morning I filled my Peterson 999 (POTY 2019) with Haddo's Delight. It was such an enjoyable experience that I immediately refilled and smoked a second bowl.

So I would like to thank all the posters who indicated this is the devils weed and should never sully a pipe as without your comments this tin would have sat in the cupboard for a lot longer. What I won't thankyou for is that I now have to order a load more of it :sher:

Haddos_Delight_Peterson_999.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021
Pittsburgh
Anything by C&D is just not worth the risk. I understand that a lot of people like their blends, but to my tastes the variety that I have had just taste like superheated chemicals.
Also Borkum Riff is all absolute trash. When i first took up the pipe I had one Professor who was a hell of an odd duck but could be seen about campus with a pipe in his mouth. One day I asked him what he smoked to which he replied that he smoked only a "fine danish tobacco" called borkum riff. Not knowing any better I picked some up.

I promptly threw that pouch and my opinion of that professor straight into the trash. He got let go a short while later for being just plain weird.

• Haha
Reactions: Carol and timelord

wolflarsen

Jul 29, 2018
Molto Dolce
Got freaked out by the crackling and sizzling in the bowl and turned off by the sappy soggy steamy smoke. Dumped the entire contents of the tin into my hand and tossed it on the campfire. Stood back in amazement as I watched it put the fire out!!