What Has Happened to Samuel Gawith Blends?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
My Op was out of curiosity. I had been smoking some tins 2017 Ennerdale and then went barreling into the new batch and got hit with a topping reminiscent of Mick McQ Plug with the whole almond thing going on. I hadn't noticed up to this point as I had mixing the stuff with Erinmore to create Erindale so the flavor was more to my liking and offered a way of not wasting a tin of Erinmore. The twists are totally fine as I have a huge selection of brown and black and they taste the same as the day I first smoked them at the tender age of 15!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Thankfully, my favourites from both Samuel Gawith & Gawith Hoggarth & Company are the same as they have always been, nothing short of excellent. The 'Lakeland Sauce' blends or 'Floral' as I prefer to call them, have changed however. I don't think it's that they've 'toned down' the sauce, to me it's like a different sauce altogether! Somethings happened, shenanigans in the sauce department? Different source of sauce? New staff who don't know their HP from their Worcester?
@gawithhoggarth need to sort this out, that's for sure.
Ennerdale has gone from smelling & tasting like this...
image.jpegTo smelling & tasting like this. A sickly, chemical, plasticine tasting flake. It wont do I'm afraid, it really won't.
image.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@simong : Thats the word I was looking for 'Plasticine' a wonderful product for making fake turds from to annoy your Sunday school teacher or feeding to the 'not to bright' kid who turns into Bill Gates later in life!

Reactions: ofafeather

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@simong : Thats the word I was looking for 'Plasticine' a wonderful product for making fake turds from to annoy your Sunday school teacher or feeding to the 'not to bright' kid who turns into Bill Gates later in life!
Sad state of affairs, isn't it. Polish condor, no flowers in the florals! Never mind, let's smoke our Unscented blends together, listen to a song & turn our frown upside down!☹️
Rodgers - English Country Garden - YouTube

• Haha
Reactions: SBC

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I love this song, but not this rendition of it. Still, thank you for posting it!
You're welcome! Out of interest, whose rendition do you prefer if you're not keen on jimmie Rodgers? I don't know if Nile Rodgers did a version of it or not. Be great if he did. Lol

Reactions: sablebrush52
Status
Not open for further replies.