What Has Happened to Samuel Gawith Blends?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Already have here, it's not Lakeland anymore. It would be like everybody's favorite English blends being replaced with no latakia and still being called the same blend. What's funny is that 3-4 years ago smokers wouldn't admit they smoked Lakelands and the bags, boxes, and tins remained online for months. Glad I stocked up then, especially on Rich Dark Honeydew.
Yeah. We know.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yes, they have repeatedly stated that there has been no change in the sauce l bell but many of us have repeatedly noticed that new versions are barely flavored. That said, they are still great blends but not the same.
Variations in the strength of toppings seems to be one of those endearing traits of British manufacture. Germain's has the same issue. However, the quality of that Empire leaf continues to be pretty damned good.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
The special sauce. Too heavy, too light, just right. The special sauce.

I went to McDonalds the other day. I had a Big Mac. It wasn't the same sauce. The special sauce. Odd. I went on a McDonalds Lovers Forum and brought up the sauce isue. Many said it's different. I'm glad I stocked up and cellared a bunch. The sauce.
Uh oh. Is this like the Frisch's Big Boy conundrum whereby the special sauce differs by state.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.