PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I never thought I’d get to try a Liga Privada No. 9, but today was my lucky day. I went and shot sporting clays with my father-in-law and some of his friends this morning, and one of them pulls out a 3 finger case full of Liga’s and my jaw just about hit the floor. Seriously baller move to bring them as your gun range cigars! I got to take another one home, and I shot a personal best 89/100. I’ve had worse Sundays. IMG_5963.jpeg

JoeW

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
I never thought I’d get to try a Liga Privada No. 9, but today was my lucky day. I went and shot sporting clays with my father-in-law and some of his friends this morning, and one of them pulls out a 3 finger case full of Liga’s and my jaw just about hit the floor. Seriously baller move to bring them as your gun range cigars!

I haven’t tried a full size one (yet), but the Liga 9 coronets are really good!

JoeW

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
This evening my wife joined me on the deck for a Native Spirit menthol while I had a Romeo y Julieta 1875 Petit Bully. The best times are when she’s by my side.

This was her third cigarette since 1985. I’ve always found cigarettes nasty, but I could smell some pleasant tobacco in the smoke.

The RyJ was the third from a tin I bought in January. The first, in January, had a draw so tight that I had to toss it. The second, in March, was a little easier. This one, after 6 months in the humidor, had a much easier draw, but also a much stronger flavor, much more coffee I think. Not my favorite, but not unpleasant either. It was a nice, relaxing way to end the day.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
How was it?

I have a few resting. Nice size

Pretty good considering it took 2 weeks in transit and I only gave it a week in my humidor. I wish I dry-boxed it for a day or two though. The draw was very open though, kind of like a machine made short filler cigar, but burnt pretty well.
No complaints with the burn, tasted great, a lot of black pepper on the retrohale until I was an inch in or so.

I've only had this one and one natural 2000 to compare so not very experienced with Padrons flavour profile although I don't think they were exactly the same blend. I could be wrong, or it could be the slight size difference but I'm only going off 2 cigars worth of smoking time.
Definitely worth a try, maybe to compare with the other violas but not much price difference to really sway away from say a 2000 if you prefer that little bit more.
The very open draw has me leaning back to the 2000 though when I reorder. If I order more Delicias they will be taking a long nap, felt like it needed more age to be honest.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature Sungrown
oti10PUl.jpg