PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
After my first taste of Rattray’s Red Rapparee, which only lasted 30 minutes, I followed BenMN’s example and had an Oliva Serie O cigarillo. It was nice and tasty, better than when I first bought the tin in March, but not as flavorful as the larger vitolas. The Serie O (robusto) was the first cigar I really enjoyed, and is still my favorite Oliva.

IMG_5789.jpeg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
After my first taste of Rattray’s Red Rapparee, which only lasted 30 minutes, I followed BenMN’s example and had an Oliva Serie O cigarillo. It was nice and tasty, better than when I first bought the tin in March, but not as flavorful as the larger vitolas. The Serie O (robusto) was the first cigar I really enjoyed, and is still my favorite Oliva.

View attachment 329464
Good to know you found appreciable improvement from a few months rest. I've been enjoying mine pretty fresh while seriously considering buying the 10 tin pack.

Loved the Serie O Robustos I smoked earlier this summer. I picked up a few #4s that are laying down for a bit, hoping for a similar experience

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've been out of the cigar loop for some time now. Been close to two years since I smoked one with any regularity..
Last weekend while at pipe club, the urge hit me and I browsed around the humidor a bit.
Picked up a couple old standbys (some Padron 1926 & Fuente Don Carlos), and a new vitola from the Fuente Don Carlos line, the Eye of the Bull. As a Cameroon lover, it's a worthy toe-dip back in to the luscious cigar pool.

IMG_9110.jpegIMG_9111.jpeg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I've been out of the cigar loop for some time now. Been close to two years since I smoked one with any regularity..
Last weekend while at pipe club, the urge hit me and I browsed around the humidor a bit.
Picked up a couple old standbys (some Padron 1926 & Fuente Don Carlos), and a new vitola from the Fuente Don Carlos line, the Eye of the Bull. As a Cameroon lover, it's a worthy toe-dip back in to the luscious cigar pool.

View attachment 329560View attachment 329561
Nice choices!
Welcome back

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Fuente Unnamed Reserve
1000003726.jpg
Came labeled 2016, rested 5 years (in box? In aging room?) then released 2021. My local shop got a box in and I grabbed 3. I've had these about 2 months now (took off the cello and cedar). Smoked great all the way down. Nothing earth-shattering, but well worth the $12 I'm pretty sure I paid